Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Golovkin - CompuBox Punch Stats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBO is using way outdated Atari like video game crap when they could afford all kinds technology that can easily record real objective punch and power stats
    Last edited by maracho; 09-17-2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

i watched it in the UK, and me and a couple of pals weren't entirely sure so a draw is ok, Many close rounds. I think the pressure from GGG may have won it but this is round by round and I would say there is definitely a case for both winning 6 rounds as you could say 7-5 either side or even 8-4 to GGG if you prefer pressure but yeah 2 scorecards were accurate, it's unfortunate always one judge seems to be influenced by a big promoter that said a draw is ok tbh

Comment

CompuBox is what it is. It's not totally useless but its deeply flawed.
        My takeaway from the fight was a prime 27 year old seemed to tire around the 4th round.
        Golovkin 8-4, maybe 7-5, but definitely the clear winner.

Comment

I am okay with a draw. I think Canelo won 1,2,3, 10,11,12. That's 6 rounds. GGG threw a lot of pawing jabs in the fights, but did use good pressure. The fight was in no way a robbery. It's funny that every close fight now is being dubbed a robbery. Ward/Kov 1 was not a robbery, Pac/Horn was not a robbery, and GGG/Canelo was not a robbery. 3 close fights that could have gone either way.

Comment

I couldn't give the fight to any one of them, GGG was hitting Arms and Air most of the time and Nelo was kicking back on the ropes, and making GGG miss a lot and would counter but go back to kicking back on the ropes not doing much. There was rounds you could give Nelo and some you could give GGG and then some you couldn't decide who won it.

Comment

Compubox's amazing accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by sterling View Post
                Exactly that alone should of gave Golovkin the fight what a pace and workrate. Canelo fans seem to be outnumbered on the decision also. Most people believe triple G won and that is the main thing we know hes champ.
                The Canelo fans are such haters they literally get sick and collapse if the have a positive thought about Golovkin. Imagine it was the other way round. All we'd be hearing is the age thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

The old man did more than the young boy. Made the fight and chased him around the ring. Canelo is nowhere near the hype. This is supposed to be he's prime and he's knackered against a guy who's seen better days.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

I was watching the fight thinking wow people can see clearly that GGG isn't landing those headhunting punches. But then i saw the cry of robbery. I thought oh well.

Comment

Of the range of possible outcomes, it probably goes Draw on one end to 9-3 Golovkin win on the other.

Put another way, if you convinced Judge Moretti that you beat Canelo, Then you REALLY beat Canelo!

Comment

Working...
                      X