No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez, Gennady Golovkin Battle To a Split Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueberryMuffin View Post
    I scored it a draw as well (114-114) But you can make a case for either fighter depending on what you are looking at; Canelo's defense was outstanding, countered beautifully and landed more power punches. Golovkin is an insane pressure fighter, a freaking terminator relentlessly pursuing its opponent, and what a chin he has, not to mention how well he took all those body shots... 115-113 to either fighter is pretty acceptable, but that crazy Adalaide Byrd needs to go to the eye doctor.
    She needs to go to her accountant to make sure all the money has been properly hidden.

Comment

• Hbo team all corrupt pro Canella except lederman had ggg winning. Used to like max he's a company man now saying ggg wants Canella to stay still

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Lederman had it 8-4 GGG.
        Fair enough, that's how i scored it.

That's not to say Canelo wasn't very good, he was and his defence was excellent. I just felt GGG won rounds 3-10. Canelo landed a few flashy shots here and there in those rounds but Golovkin was controlling the action completely/

Comment

• CANELO BOXED BEAUTIFULLY at times in this fight.

Out of the two Boxers tonight....i was more impressed by Canelo then GGG.

Comment

• GGG the bigger stronger puncher yet never hurt canelo and got his face phuked up, missed badly all night. Caneli won, landed the cleaner harder shots, will win the the rematch even easier. The boogyman is dead. GGG slow too easy to hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thaman2x View Post
              Anybody saying GGG won this fight clearly.....CLEARLY doesn't know **** about boxing!!

I had the fight 7 rounds to 5 for Canelo.

Canelo will learn from this fight that fighting off the ropes isn't his thing and isn't smart. GGG won rounds just off of Canelo being inactive on the ropes, although he slipped a lot of punches in off the rope ala Mayweather.

We can debate this all night long...at the end of the day this is how I viewed the fight.

Byrd's scorecard was absolutely ridiculous though. Oh and shout out to all you folks who felt like GGG was invincible. Y'all the real idiots.
              I agree with most of this. Only thing I disagree with is that you imply that Canelo kinda gave away rounds. I thought GGG's pressure basically wore Canelo out physically and mentally. It was almost like Cotto-Margarito I. Canelo was outboxing GGG. And he was hitting him with bombs. And GGG kept coming. Around the 8th, I thought Canelo was gonna get stopped. I was actually amazed that he was able to piece together the end to the fight the way he did.

Comment

• Canella fought 30 seconds then would be running for his life every round 8/4 ggg

Comment

• Originally posted by latinlingo View Post
                  There isn't one credible sports website that will EVER say Canelo got robbed, none. The younger, so called more experienced, more skilled, faster puncher couldn't take it from the "one dimensional, tomato can" champion...what a group of IMBECILES! BAHAHAHAHA
                  this!

look how many excuses here

Comment

• Looks like oscar trained canelo to fight this the way he did Tito Trinidad lol a la puzzy lol

Comment

• Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
                      with no plaster this is how cotto vs margarito 1 would've ended.

who the hell thought canelo can box on his toes like that? not me. dude was dancing in that ring like ray leonard at times but ggg is the best at cutting the ring.

You mean he was scurrying backwards with his mouth open like a b*tch.

Comment

Working...
                      X