No announcement yet.

Canelo trained with floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    He got hit more than he should have, by a garbage boxer, and didn't look like someone who was ever a top P4P boxer.
    He was a shadow of his former self.
    camon man Floyd wasn't playing as himself that night....at least in the first rounds he took it easy and was just walking forward with his guard up.

He could have fought with his safety first boring style and win a UD as usual without a scratch on his face

Conor was garbage

Comment

He got hit more than he should have, by a garbage boxer, and didn't look like someone who was ever a top P4P boxer.
      Some people will never understand boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Helm View Post
        camon man Floyd wasn't playing as himself that night....at least in the first rounds he took it easy and was just walking forward with his guard up.

He could have fought with his safety first boring style and win a UD as usual without a scratch on his face

Conor was garbage
        Why do people have such a hard time coming to terms with this? "He could have". Come on. If there's ANYONE in boxing who plays to his strengths, it's Floyd. It wasn't about being boring or not. He let Connor expend some energy in the first 3 (which is not up for debate because Floyd even said it himself) and then came on strong. But, the style he used was crude and not anything like the aggressive Mayweather we've seen in the past (apparently no one remembers his battering Gatti).

Classic Floyd, or even the one from 3 years ago, would have put a shellacking on Connor w/o having to lunge and put himself off-balance and cross-footed. The guy is 40 and came off a 2 year retirement. It only makes sense that he would, and did, look like a faded version of his former self. I'm not down with this fanbody bullshyt where we have to pretend that he is immortal and will always be #1 P4P no matter how old he gets. You can like a fighter without having to pretend he's superman.
        Last edited by Redd Foxx; 09-14-2017, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Huh... Because Mayweather's defense looked so wonderful in that last fight....
          I doudt Floyd trained for that fight to be fair. Plus he had to make the fight look good to justify the price tag...

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
            I doudt Floyd trained for that fight to be fair. Plus he had to make the fight look good to justify the price tag...
            And, if he didn't train much (which I agree on) how would Canelo benefit from training w/ a guy who isn't on that level anymore? In fact, if that was Canelo in there w/ Floyd last month, Canelo would have leveled him.
            That's no knock on Mayweather. I'm just saying that Canelo gets no benefit from training with him right now.

Comment

He was 40 and almost 41 years old...I can't recall many other top fighters (PFP or not) that were effective in their 40's coming off a 2 year layoff. I'd spend more time reflecting on his first 49 wins than his 50th when it comes to judging his defense.

And, no, I don't think he got hit much at all in that fight.

Comment

Right. All this nonsensical talk I've been hearing from some about Floyd returning is Hogwash. He hasn't been prime in like 11 years and looked terrible against Conor.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                  He was 40 and almost 41 years old...I can't recall many other top fighters (PFP or not) that were effective in their 40's coming off a 2 year layoff.
                  Stop being such a child and pretending I
                  m bashing him so you can make some kind of point. You're like these Golovkin worshipers that freak out when someone isn't on their knees, bowing in devotion. If you think he looked great, then I'm guessing you're another one of these chumps that were manipulated into believing that was a real fight, worth $100.

Boxing fans know Floyd was a great fighter. Boxing fans know he's not a great fighter anymore. And, that's ok. He's retired. He doesn't need to be great anymore.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WLB-ANW9C0

guess OP was right (dont know how to embed)

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                      Forget the bs rumor the OPs grammar is some of the worst of all time, did this guy even finish elementary school?
                      He's an alt and the schit grammar is to "throw people off his trail"

Comment

Working...
                      X