No announcement yet.

Can't find too many credible people picking Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    I don't see too many credible people who think this fight is a foregone conclusion for either fighter. Anyone who thinks this is an easy night for either fighter, I have to question their knowledge of boxing.
    It's called banter. Fans do it in all sports. Get off your high horse and acting like you're some god damn expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
      So if canelo wins, you'll be here to say congratulations them right? No b1tching, crying, whining, etc. You'll just accept he won and that's it?
      yeah unless its a robbery or controversial.

Comment

Breadman and Ward are leaning GGG I guess...

Comment

Finally made my pick, GGG in a 8-10rd TKO. Canelo is coming off a easy but decisive win over Chavez Jr., younger, better resume and associated with Golden Boy and GBP, media favorites. That's why I see more high profile types other than pro boxers picking Canelo. It's been a tough 50/50 decision for me. Canelo pluses are age, speed, movement and good whiskers. GGG has more power, high volume pressure, focus and good whiskers I think, never been anyone to really test his chin. Today, I saw a several recent workouts of both fighters looked sharp in their respective style with snap on their punches but the thing was Canelo's bulk gain, why so much? He didn't need it, he fought Chavez Jr at 164 and even at 147 was 160+ pounds at fight time and by the way that's where at the Golden Era Greats fought. In reality Canelo is a natural Middleweight by old-time standards and GGG is a MW by today's weigh-in standards. It seems to me he took one of his advantages, speed and now has made it questionable particularly after 8+ rounds. Holyfield, someone who knows about bulking up said that after 6-8 rounds Canelo's shoulder will be burning and have the feel of someone standing on them; hand speed and snap gone. I agree, those concerns tilted my opinion to 51:49 for GGG. It should be a great fight and will be happy with the outcome either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunpowdergreg View Post
            Finally made my pick, GGG in a 8-10rd TKO. Canelo is coming off a easy but decisive win over Chavez Jr., younger, better resume and associated with Golden Boy and GBP, media favorites. That's why I see more high profile types other than pro boxers picking Canelo. It's been a tough 50/50 decision for me. Canelo pluses are age, speed, movement and good whiskers. GGG has more power, high volume pressure, focus and good whiskers I think, never been anyone to really test his chin. Today, I saw a several recent workouts of both fighters looked sharp in their respective style with snap on their punches but the thing was Canelo's bulk gain, why so much? He didn't need it, he fought Chavez Jr at 164 and even at 147 was 160+ pounds at fight time and by the way that's where at the Golden Era Greats fought. In reality Canelo is a natural Middleweight by old-time standards and GGG is a MW by today's weigh-in standards. It seems to me he took one of his advantages, speed and now has made it questionable particularly after 8+ rounds. Holyfield, someone who knows about bulking up said that after 6-8 rounds Canelo's shoulder will be burning and have the feel of someone standing on them; hand speed and snap gone. I agree, those concerns tilted my opinion to 51:49 for GGG. It should be a great fight and will be happy with the outcome either way.
            A guy with questionable stamina bulking up is rarely a good thing. I don't see many people talking about GGG's reach advantage either. Pretty sure that will be a significant factor along with Canelo's tendency to fight on the ropes, and GGG's effectiveness when his opponents are on the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
              A guy with questionable stamina bulking up is rarely a good thing. I don't see many people talking about GGG's reach advantage either. Pretty sure that will be a significant factor along with Canelo's tendency to fight on the ropes, and GGG's effectiveness when his opponents are on the ropes.
              Agree, as he tires he may go to the ropes, the last place you want to be with GGG.

Comment

Why are people posting that G has a reach advantage over Canelo. Boxrec list Canelo's reach at 70.5 inches and Golovkin's at 70 inches. Is Boxrec wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  Why are people posting that G has a reach advantage over Canelo. Boxrec list Canelo's reach at 70.5 inches and Golovkin's at 70 inches. Is Boxrec wrong?
                  True about reach, GGG's height advantage adds-up to a small functional advantage. Always, have had a problem with reach measurements wingspan or armpit to fist neither is adequat, I think center of chest to end of fist is a more functional measurement or half of wingspan if measured to the end of the fist instead of fingertips.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                    Because he has basically zero reach advantage lol

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      Lol because they don't know wtf they're talking about

Comment

Working...
                      X