Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you consider Pacquiao one of the best offensive fighters of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
    No, I'm just not a Pacquiao dick rider. Floyd is considered one of the best defensive fighters ever because he shut down the best. He moved and nullified the offense of the greatest fighters. Pac needed catchweights, Pac is not a great body puncher, Pac is not good at cutting off the ring. Is he a great offensive fighter? Yes. One of the best? I'm not convinced. When was the last time he stopped someone? One of the greatest offensive fighters of all time would have stopped a journey man and cherry picked opponent like Jeff Horn with ease.
    he never fought the best when they were at their best. please name all the great prime fighters he shut down. and dont you dare use the "well floyd was old too" excuse. that was 100 percent his fault. he spent his prime fighting baldomir. even an old pac outboxed him and landed the vast majority of the clean flush punches so not sure how he shut him down....oh lets go to his prime castillo beat him and landed the better punches so he didnt shut him down. in between those fights he fought baldomir, gatti, and some faded fighters like hoya and mosley. wow congrats tbe lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
      I would think one of the greatest offensive fighters of all time could stop Jeff Horn. Pac not being able to put career journeymen away is the equivalent of Victor Ortiz hypothetically walking Floyd down.
      sh***t, i'd think a cat who enjoys so many a-side advantages, drain folks of blood and urine, and force cats to wear pillow gloves, would be be able to stop paper champs like ruben guerrero, marcos maidana, andre berto, and two divisions smaller cats like marquez, but he don't...needed a fighter 0 - 0 just to get a ko...

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
        sh***t, i'd think a cat who enjoys so many a-side advantages, drain folks of blood and urine, and force cats to wear pillow gloves, would be be able to stop paper champs like ruben guerrero, marcos maidana, andre berto, and two divisions smaller cats like marquez, but he don't...needed a fighter 0 - 0 just to get a ko...
        Whats with the stupid "cats" talk? Makes you sound dumb as ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          Agreed. I still think Manny was competitive. Floyd landed nothing of consequence. I'm very certain that Manny at his best would have beaten Floyd.
          yet he still walked away with the decision for some reason. if you actually watch that fight its clear he was pulling his punches because he didnt want to get caught with big punches so he ran out the clock clinching, bending over, and not committing to any punches. its like he knew all he had to do was survive and he didnt have to do anything of substance. he threw a lot of stay away from me punches but had almost no counter punching(scared of getting caught) and the lead punches he threw rarely landed clean or with any force. pac patiently came forward picking floyds shot and getting closer to the taller longer floyd before landing the much cleaner punches. a slow paced fight that pac got the better of but the judges did not. even the majority of people watching it somehow thought floyd won even though he lacked the substance that boxing is based on, clean punches

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
            We're not talking complete package here. Talking about the execution. Inb4 "Marquez doe" already unveiled your gameplan serious answers please.
            Answer your own question,
            Career kos? Percentage?
            He threw a lot of punches but..

Gun slinger yes.
            Warrior yes..
            Pinoy lap dog... Yes

He's the greatest Pinoy warrior.. But Mexico has better...

*******s need not reply..

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
              Floyd can't throw a Combination to save his life, and almost every time he does, when it's not the 10th round, and on, he usually gets cracked on the chin, with his tendency to leap in with his chin in the air.

Even at the lower weights, he didn't really throw combinations, but would chain together single sots.
              Go F yourself. You're a clown poster and I don't respect anything you've got to say.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                he never fought the best when they were at their best. please name all the great prime fighters he shut down. and dont you dare use the "well floyd was old too" excuse. that was 100 percent his fault. he spent his prime fighting baldomir. even an old pac outboxed him and landed the vast majority of the clean flush punches so not sure how he shut him down....oh lets go to his prime castillo beat him and landed the better punches so he didnt shut him down. in between those fights he fought baldomir, gatti, and some faded fighters like hoya and mosley. wow congrats tbe lmao
                Interesting... Manny is your GOD. Wanna buy a sweaty PAC Strap(joc)

You know I'm just pulling your PAC chain.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                  A) He has brittle hands. B) Floyd isn't going for knockouts. He can win easily by out boxing his opponent. If he wanted to put Berto or Guerrero he could have easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                    Agreed. I still think Manny was competitive. Floyd landed nothing of consequence. I'm very certain that Manny at his best would have beaten Floyd.
                    Funny fans are certain, but Bo, Roach, TR mathmakers and Manny were not.

This is untrue about anything of consequence. The 1st right hand floyd landed appeared to dictate the whole fight. Manny's workrate was significantly reduced because Floyd could easily land the right counter over his left hand.

Now was the punch a "power" punch that did damage physically, no. But if you are being honest you can't deny the punch was incredibly effective in that it made Manny hesitant to throw for the rest of the fight, outside of some solid shots in round 4 and 9.
                    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 09-13-2017, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      He did shut down prime Corrales, but I mean, how sound was Corrales really? I think the win was over rated.

Comment

Working...
                      X