Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you consider Pacquiao one of the best offensive fighters of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    meaning nobody you can name
    I would think one of the greatest offensive fighters of all time could stop Jeff Horn. Pac not being able to put career journeymen away is the equivalent of Victor Ortiz hypothetically walking Floyd down.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
      No, I'm just not a Pacquiao dick rider. Floyd is considered one of the best defensive fighters ever because he shut down the best. He moved and nullified the offense of the greatest fighters. Pac needed catchweights, Pac is not a great body puncher, Pac is not good at cutting off the ring. Is he a great offensive fighter? Yes. One of the best? I'm not convinced. When was the last time he stopped someone? One of the greatest offensive fighters of all time would have stopped a journey man and cherry picked opponent like Jeff Horn with ease.
      So yeah, boxing isn't for you. It's cool man, I get it

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        You are aware that Pacquiao tore his rotator cuff in training for the fight right?
        That was hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
          I would think one of the greatest offensive fighters of all time could stop Jeff Horn. Pac not being able to put career journeymen away is the equivalent of Victor Ortiz hypothetically walking Floyd down.
          You realize that Manny is 38 right?

Chocolatito is similar to Manny in that he's an offensive force, he's been boxing since he was really young, has a ton of fights, and his career at the top just ended at the top and he's only 30! Get real dude.

Your Floyd love is blinding you.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            Here's how bad Floyd has a hold on officiating:

Floyd won rds. 2 and 3 against McGregor on two of the judges score cards and threw a total of like 18 punches in those rounds! Ridiculous.

That said, I don't believe Manny won against Floyd but he also wasn't himself with a torn rotator cuff.
            IKR! When I heard about that, I was like, WTF!? I can respect your stance, and I agree, Manny was fighting with 1 arm, and was still able to make it a close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Is this even a legit question

Manny, Oscar, and mike Tyson are the 3 greatest offensive fighters I have seen in my lifetime as they all were aggressive but had tremendous skill that separated them from other offensive fighters
              I can only assume that you haven't seen much boxing in your lifetime because this is a ridiculous comment.

To answer the question, no. I wouldn't say that pacquiao is one of the best offensive fighters of all time. He's a 1-dimensional 1-handed(for the most part) fighter. When you're judging a fighter's offense you have to take the fighter's accuracy, speed, power, and dimensions into account. Floyd is a better offensive fighter than manny because he has many more dimensions to his offensive attack, just as fast if not faster, and much more accurate. The only advantage that manny has over Floyd offensively is power.

This thread is yet another example of how overrated pacquiao is. This is a ridiculous question/claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                I can only assume that you haven't seen much boxing in your lifetime because this is a ridiculous comment.

To answer the question, no. I wouldn't say that pacquiao is one of the best offensive fighters of all time. He's a 1-dimensional 1-handed(for the most part) fighter. When you're judging a fighter's offense you have to take the fighter's accuracy, speed, power, and dimensions into account. Floyd is a better offensive fighter than manny because he has many more dimensions to his offensive attack, just as fast if not faster, and much more accurate. The only advantage that manny has over Floyd offensively is power.

This thread is yet another example of how overrated pacquiao is. This is a ridiculous question/claim.
                Floyd can't throw a Combination to save his life, and almost every time he does, when it's not the 10th round, and on, he usually gets cracked on the chin, with his tendency to leap in with his chin in the air.

Even at the lower weights, he didn't really throw combinations, but would chain together single sots.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                  That was hilarious.
                  Yea? How is that hilarious?

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    So yeah, boxing isn't for you. It's cool man, I get it
                    You know everything I've said is true, homie.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                      IKR! When I heard about that, I was like, WTF!? I can respect your stance, and I agree, Manny was fighting with 1 arm, and was still able to make it a close fight.
                      Agreed. I still think Manny was competitive. Floyd landed nothing of consequence. I'm very certain that Manny at his best would have beaten Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X