No announcement yet.

Mayweather/Canelo 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
    no version of canelo will beat floyd. too flat footed to chase floyd down.
    Until he has taken little floyds legs.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      Until he has taken little floyds legs.
      i just dont see him beating floyd even now. his style is not the type to give floyd problems. canelo is a slow pace boxer which will benefit floyd even more, add in the fact that he's a lot slower than floyd, he cant outbox floyd, to win he needs to pressure and make it a fight. easy win then or now.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
        but you said you think floyd will come back out of retirement to fight ggg.

so going by your logic, floyd is only saying ggg is one dimensional because he knows he's gonna fight him eventually like with manny??? thats what you said regarding what floyd said about pac being one dimensional.
        Um, no. You're seriously distorting my whole point.

Golovkin isn't someone that Floyd needs to fight because he isn't in the same weight class + Floyd was "retired" when he made those comments... Not to mention he shouldn't feel obligated to face everyone under the sun. Pacquiao was different; He was a rival that existed in Mayweather's weight class at a time when Floyd was active on a normal basis and it was inevitable that they would eventually go at it. The situations aren't the same.

You seem to believe that just because Floyd didn't feel like coming out of retirement to fight GGG before doesn't mean circumstances won't motivate him to change his mind later. There wasn't as much of an incentive to face him before; But if Floyd realizes he may only have one last big $$$$$$ fight left + Sees GGG beat Canelo and suddenly gets the urge to show everyone what he can do to him, then he may return to face him.

Comment

GGG doesn't sell PPVs. Canelo does. As soon as the human trafficker realizes that his genius business "****** collection" makes him $0/night, he will come running back to the biggest money fight available. He's praying Canelo wins Saturday.

Comment

Mayweather doesn't want any part of a now prime Canelo. He got him when he was young and green. It's funny that Floyd wants to protect Gervonta Davis from Loma by saying "he's too young for Loma" at 22, yet Canelo was 22/23 when he fought Floyd. Canelo's 40+ fights going in were against cab drivers for the most part and he didn't have the amateur career that Davis or Floyd had.

Comment

Canelo would probably KO Floyd at this point. The rematch will never happen. However, prime Floyd completely outclasses prime Canelo.
              Last edited by Bad_Guy; 09-13-2017, 01:26 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
                Um, no. You're seriously distorting my whole point.

Golovkin isn't someone that Floyd needs to fight because he isn't in the same weight class + Floyd was "retired" when he made those comments... Not to mention he shouldn't feel obligated to face everyone under the sun. Pacquiao was different; He was a rival that existed in Mayweather's weight class at a time when Floyd was active on a normal basis and it was inevitable that they would eventually go at it. The situations aren't the same.

You seem to believe that just because Floyd didn't feel like coming out of retirement to fight GGG before doesn't mean circumstances won't motivate him to change his mind later. There wasn't as much of an incentive to face him before; But if Floyd realizes he may only have one last big $$$$$$ fight left + Sees GGG beat Canelo and suddenly gets the urge to show everyone what he can do to him, then he may return to face him.
                Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
                I think he'll fight again, but I think it'll be against GGG since I have him winning this Saturday. It seems a fight almost destined to happen considering:

A. People have talked about wanting to see it for the past two years.

B. Floyd has repeatedly said that Golovkin is "one dimensional", "straight up and down", "no special effects", and that he would make easy work of him.

C. Well, the fight would be big. Golovkin would still be undefeated, Floyd is undefeated, and GGG would be getting more attention and publicity than ever for defeating Canelo. That makes the fight sellable + I think Floyd's ego on top of whatever else would give him the itch to return and defeat Golovkin.
                try to stay on topic.

Comment

I really think Floyd is done this time around, but if not, this is probably the only fight that they can make a lot of money on, now that Floyd's a little older and he went for the KO versus McGregor, they would use that to heighten the public's interest.

Comment

Some of y'all are really desperate. This is the only sport where an inactive past his prime 40-year-old gets held to a higher standard than anyone else in his respective sport. This **** is ****ing asinine. Canelo"I WAS BORN READY"Alvarez took the fight when he wanted it and at the time we can say he wasn't ready, but thats beside the point. In boxing, some fights gets made and some don't. Canelo made a big deal about wanting to get that fight made and it happened. I wish it was so easy to go back in time and have a 28-year-old Floyd squaring off against a 27-year-old Canelo, but life doesn't work like that. Then again, Floyd is the only 40-year-old athlete who stays in his prime forever according to some of y'all.

Comment

he'll never cash himself out if that's what you're asking. his entire rep is built on convincing pathetic dorks with limited boxing knowledge that he's unbeatable no matter the circumstance. if he fights again, it'll be a McGregor rematch or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X