Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jamie Foxx Preparing To Play Mike Tyson in New Motion Picture

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jamie Foxx Preparing To Play Mike Tyson in New Motion Picture

Hollywood actor Jamie Foxx is preparing to play former undisputed heavyweight champion Mike Tyson in a biopic of the controversial boxer. The 49-year-old actor - who previously won an Academy Award for his portrayal of music star Ray Charles - has agreed a deal to star as the New York-born icon, whose career was blighted by numerous controversies.
    [Click Here To Read More]

They talked about this 5 years ago, when Jamie was already too old to play the role. Kinda odd to still go through with this. He's really starting to show his age.
    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 09-13-2017, 03:37 AM.

Comment

OMFG I can't wait for this movie. I've been waiting damn near 10 years for them to make a good Tyson movie. The one with Michael Jai white was alright, but corny as hell when you watch it today.

Scorsese, Jamie Foxx, and Tyson's blessings, and probably input as well, and you can have all my money.

And jamie Foxx is a great choice, because he has the body type to pull it off, and he kind of has a Tyson look, and is great at impressions. If he can do a ray type of performance, this is gonna be amazing. And he even said he wasn't gonna go Hollywood with it, and do the over the top, and menacing Tyson that we saw in the media, but the actual Tyson behind close doors, and the introspective version of him.

God, I can't wait for this!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        They talked about this 5 years ago, when Jamie was already too old to play the role. Kinda odd to still go through with this. He's really starting to show his age.
        You see his hair lately? He clearly got hair implants, and Tyson looked old for his age, and I'd say he actually looked older than Jamie does now, even when he was in his 20s.

And Jamie has the right mentality for this project. The way he described the type of Tyson he's gonna portray gives me hope. If it was another actor, you might get the comically high pitch voiced, and cartoonist version of Tyson, and try to make him look like a lunatic killer the entire movie, instead of the actual human side of Tyson.

Please don't do an all eyez on me with this movie. Please.

Comment

They couldn't have picked a better director/producer- but Jaime Foxx? Surely there are a hell of a lot better prospects out there, I just can't see him pulling it off.
          I think they're better off picking someone who's got more likeness to Mike and less of a hollywood star.
          The former Tyson movie was actually quite good.
          Just don't pick Will Smith, he's overrated.

Comment

Are they using CGI bc Foxx probably is smaller than 13 year old Tyson !

Comment

Why would we need a third rate actor to teach us about Mike Tyson?
              Seriously, has there ever been a more covered athlete in history?
              And now with YouTube, every broadcast story ever done about Mike is online.
              This idiot who just got splattered by nobody punchies hanging around a gym at 1 in the afternoon, then ran out, is going to play the most ferocious, fearsome fighter that ever lived? Is he going to give us some deep introspective that only a Hollywood genius can, that will cover up for the fact that he cant fight, but still frighten the opponent into a voluntary, vicious KO?
              Hollywood should stick to their lane, and give us more redux action movies. Maybe he can play Batman. Or Batman and Superman and Spider-Man and Ironman and Joker all at once, like Eddie Murphy in the Klumps.
              Hopefully if they do make it, they'll bastardize the story nicely, and make up lots of ****, just like Michael Mann and Will Smith did for Ali.

Comment

I'm bumping this thread when it comes out, and people give it rave reviews for Foxx's performance, and how great the movie is.

Just based purely off Scorsese being the director almost guaruntees at least a good movie. He's not attaching his name to something so big, and eagerly anticipated, and not put in work for this. No way.

And wtf at not wanting this movie to be made. Real tyson heads have been waiting for a real attempt at a Tyson movie for the longest time.

Comment

If scorsese decides to direct I hope it's in the same style of wolf of wall street.Tyson's life would make a great comedy

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                    I'm bumping this thread when it comes out, and people give it rave reviews for Foxx's performance, and how great the movie is.

Just based purely off Scorsese being the director almost guaruntees at least a good movie. He's not attaching his name to something so big, and eagerly anticipated, and not put in work for this. No way.

And wtf at not wanting this movie to be made. Real tyson heads have been waiting for a real attempt at a Tyson movie for the longest time.
                    Man I hope Jamie Foxx pulls it off because of his recent comedy movies I still see him as mother****a Jones from horrible bosses.

Comment

Working...
                    X