Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jamie Foxx Preparing To Play Mike Tyson in New Motion Picture

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's hope Tom Cruise is not in it.
    He beat the **** out of Fox in Collateral. Now that he took Tom's slag ex, you can sure he'd beat his ass even worse.
    Maybe they'll use Cruise as Kevin McBride, the only time Tyson lost to a white guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      Man I hope Jamie Foxx pulls it off because of his recent comedy movies I still see him as mother****a Jones from horrible bosses.
      I honestly have faith he can pull it off. Not only for his knowledge if the subject matter, and actually being friends with Tyson, but also the fact that because he knows him on a personal level, I think he'll put in the work, and then some.

And Scorsese? C'mon, this is at least gonna be better than Ali. Scorsese knows how to do a boxing movie with a troubled fighter as the subject.

Comment

Can see how he fits in some ways, but he's a bit soft to play Tyson.

Comment

Isn't he just as old as Tyson? I'm sure they could find an actor in his 20s that could do a really good job.

Comment

Comment

Should give that guy from Star Wars a chance, he packs on a bit more muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Should give that guy from Star Wars a chance, he packs on a bit more muscle.

Oh yeah, he would be a good choice, but the voice, and accent. Might not be able to pull off that Brooklyn accent, and he's kind of chubby. You need a guy that's legit naturally muscular, and can get swole up like Tyson. This kid looks like he's naturally just chubby, and won't get ripped.

Comment

Maybe they can combine it with Creed 2.
                  That's going into production soon too.
                  Have Fox fight Jordan for real too. On PPV. Could help subsidize the movie, maybe most of the PPV revenue being added to the actors salaries. Then whatever transpires can be edited to fit into the movie.
                  Anything creative and dramatic to make both movies suck less.

Comment

I think they should have cast Serena Williams over Foxx.

Comment

The lack of awareness in these comments is humurous. Jamie has always been the perfect guy to play Mike Tyson. People have been waiting for this for years. And Tyson and Jamie are the same height. It doesn't take much to put on the weight with the trainers these actors have.

A guy who won a best lead actor Oscar, who also is one of the best impressionist in history is more than suited for this role. When you add Scorsese to the mix, I'm expecting this movie to kill the box office and have Foxx right back on stage at the Oscars in a few years.

Foxx and Tyon have been working on this/discussing it for a while. There's no one who would have the insight and talent to pull this off better than he could.
                      There's a video on YouTube of Foxx giving the opening scene of the movie from a year or two ago. Not sure if that'll make the final cut but it sounds like a good intro.

Comment

Working...
                      X