Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua-Pulev: 70,000 Tickets Sold, Attendance Record Broken!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DblLFThooK View Post
    I liked to see him fight in the US. Curious to see what his draw would be like.
    Nope, he doesn't have to... Wilder must cross the Pond...

Originally posted by Pandur View Post
    He will become the biggest name in boxing SINCE Mike Tyson.

When you sell out two stadiums fights back to back with 90k & 80k, it speaks for itselfs.
    Originally posted by Pandur View Post

The world is bigger than just the US.
    Joshua is already a bigger name in the UK than both Mayweather and Lennox Lewis.

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    If Joshua can draw 75k for pulev, if wilder goes over there, they will have to put it in the absolute biggest stadium in UK
    ... they would also need other open air venues with huge silver screens, tbh...

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    Why would this dude ever bother coming to the USA... Wilder better be ready to bring his chicken legs cross the pond to fight this man in front of 90,000 and get PAIDDDDDD
    Yes: why Joshua would ever bother to go to U.S. to fight???

Comment

• Originally posted by Pusnuts View Post
      Of course but there's excited banter for the night ahead and then theres inspecting your mates ball bags lol
      Hahaha nothing I said mentioned inspection of my pals testes I was referring to giving myself a 0.5 around that area aswell as knowing a couple others who did the same

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
        Brook fought GGG at the O2 Arena which only seats 20,000. But you do remember these sold out in 11 minutes right ? Pretty sure they could have sold out Hillsborough in Brook's home town (40,000) if it was there.

This is just a function of boxing being pretty big in the UK at the moment. Joshua could fill any venue in the country - the stadium he's at only seats 74,500 so that's going to be a sell-out again.

I doubt it really matters who Joshua fights either, I bet a good proportion of the people buying tickets couldn't name who he's fighting.
        Yeah.

The thing is that Joshua has crossed over to the mainstream in a massive way here in the UK. 90% of the people going are probably not big boxing fans, but Joshua's fights have become somewhat of an event to attend for a night out. I know loads of people that buy tickets for his fights just for the event but they wouldn't be able to tell you who Canelo or GGG is, they have literally no interesting in boxing other than Joshua.

It's largely irrelevant who he fights now. Most of his fanbase and ticket buyers don't know their Wilder from their Pulev. The only fight that would be notably bigger than Joshua v anyone else would be a fight v Fury.
        Last edited by TheBigLug; 09-13-2017, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• No doubt AJ has it goin' on with the boxing fans. And good for him. Looking forward to seeing this one, and his next several fights. He definitely goes for it early, which is refreshing to see after all the cautious fights we've had recently. I doubt Wilder gets past Ortiz, but if he does, that one will be a huge event as well.

Comment

• Man, I cannot stand you casuals and shills hyping up Anthony Joshua. AJ has to fight prime fighters to be considered great - Molina & Breazeale? get the fook out of here. Klitschko was OLD as fook and way past it (Tyson Fury already beat him)

As for the oh he sold 70,000 tickets, no he DIDN'T you brainwashed casual morons. StubHub bought the tickets and then double/triples the price. YOU b*lle*ds.

AND AND stop forcing AJ on the American public the guy is dry as fook.

Comment

• Ticket sales area scam and matchroom are one of the worst at it.

Anyway I'll be at another AJ fight for free, vip seats people.

Pulev gonna get eaten up.

Comment

• This fight was announced?

Also, how do you know how many will attend yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by MoneyKing View Post
                  Man, I cannot stand you casuals and shills hyping up Anthony Joshua. AJ has to fight prime fighters to be considered great - Molina & Breazeale? get the fook out of here. Klitschko was OLD as fook and way past it (Tyson Fury already beat him)

As for the oh he sold 70,000 tickets, no he DIDN'T you brainwashed casual morons. StubHub bought the tickets and then double/triples the price. YOU b*lle*ds.

Why cant we Just all enjoy That The heavyweight division has a exciting New beltholder who Sells out big stadium fights?
                  Nobody is calling Anthony Joshua Great nor is anybody forcing him to the American public.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    Ticket sales area scam and matchroom are one of the worst at it.

Anyway I'll be at another AJ fight for free, vip seats people.

Pulev gonna get eaten up.
                    Finally. There are people out there who don't fall for this crap.

Matchroom have been long known for this - one of the many reasons why Eddie, despite being a brilliant promoter, is disliked. He's great at twisting the truth - one of them being his constant claims of arenas selling out within minutes. Very cheeky of him to do. Making false claims to cover up the fact that he's ripping the fans off (forcing them to pay triple the amount)

Comment

Man, I cannot stand you casuals and shills hyping up Anthony Joshua. AJ has to fight prime fighters to be considered great - Molina & Breazeale? get the fook out of here. Klitschko was OLD as fook and way past it (Tyson Fury already beat him)

As for the oh he sold 70,000 tickets, no he DIDN'T you brainwashed casual morons. StubHub bought the tickets

So they didn't sell tickets because stubhub bought them??

When someone buys something from you.. It means you sold it lol. There were many people like you who say this about all of Eddie promotions.. You said it about AJ vs Vlad, but it damn sure it looked like the stadium was full. And the stadium will be full in Cardiff for AJ vs Pulev but you’ll still say the same in his next fight.

You sound so butthurt but what you are actually saying is AJ didn’t sell 70,000 tickets at normal price.. He’s sold 70,000 at 3 times the price. If AJ wasn’t a good seller Stubhub wouldn’t triple the price would they?! You’re just proving AJ is a bigger seller.
                      Last edited by NahMean; 09-13-2017, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X