No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO Mic Crew Hits Stride Ahead of Weekend PPV Blockbuster

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
    You sort of misinterpreted my post there.

I wasn't coming at you brah, I was talking about broadcasting talent.

I was pointing out,

A.), in the age of the internet we have many examples of good broadcasters from video game casts (and podcasts, YouTube, etc.), which should disposes of the notion that abundant talent is not likely out there; and it's likely Max Kellerman and Jim Lampley are not some phenoms who couldn't be replaced (more likely, they are merely entrenched in their posts), and,

B.), I was suggesting that you might not have the personal broadcasting experience to actually act as a special authority here; but rather that everyone in the thread's opinion is likely reasonably of equal weight.

If Steve Buncey was here to chime in, his opinion would be on a different level; like how the guys you referenced have venerable opinions on boxing, to be sure.
    The bold is true. I'm not here to defend myself about being a commentator, but I will agree with this. There are kids and young dudes in their 20s who make from hundreds of thousands of dollars to millions a year for just commentating on a game. They start small and eventually get so big that they get free games, consoles, and other devices to talk about and get paid and sponsored by big companies and they do this all from their home.

PewDiePie is the most popular but he's just one of many. So you are right about the bold. Some youtube commentators make more money than Max Kellerman.

Comment

kellerman is a fanboy who somehow got a job at hbo. dwyer needs to replace him along with dwyers cat

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        The bold is true. I'm not here to defend myself about being a commentator, but I will agree with this. There are kids and young dudes in their 20s who make from hundreds of thousands of dollars to millions a year for just commentating on a game. They start small and eventually get so big that they get free games, consoles, and other devices to talk about and get paid and sponsored by big companies and they do this all from their home.

PewDiePie is the most popular but he's just one of many. So you are right about the bold. Some youtube commentators make more money than Max Kellerman.
        It's true I was wrong to get personal. But I also prefer openness of opinion; as well as my own right to talk like a dumbass sometimes, indeed.

In any case, appreciate the input.

Comment

Lampley is the worst guy commentating in all of boxing. Dude is unbearable.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
            Max Kellerman is terrible. Typical Jew just handed a job who is not really experienced or qualified for it. People keep pretending he's qualified, so they aren't called the most terrifying of words - anti-semitic. He's horrible. We all know it.

You are correct. We know why max got the job. However idk i like kellerman.

Comment

Working...
            X