No announcement yet.

HBO tried so hard to push Gennady Golovkin trying to make him Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
    Oh here with go with the Hopkins excuse, not mentioning Hopkins had a very successful run AFTER 160. Beating Ward? Lol well he was never going to beat Ward because golovkin is an hbo hype job...maybe DeGale, beating DeGale imo would put him on the map in 2 weight classes. After all, what happened to the 154-168 comment? I guess in there was a little blur that said (as long as it's at 160)
    I don't need to mention what Hopkins did after he left 160. I was pointing out that he spent 5 more years in the division than GGG spent fighting professionally before he moved up. He didn't have to wait 16 years to move up in weight.

Beating DeGeale wouldn't have meant a damned thing to anyone. Being a two division champ doesn't mean as much as unifying a division. Beating a guy who may not even be the best 168 pounder wouldn't mean as much as beating Canelo.

Beating Ward would have meant a lot more (I wouldn't favor GGG and my P4P rankings prove it) but he hasn't made 168 since November 2013. For all of Ward's blatent attempts to use GGG to remain relevant during his long period of inactivity that fight probably couldn't have happened anyway because Ward probably couldn't make 168 anymore.

As for that whole, I would fight anyone from 154-168 thing. He said that in 2012 and he's tried desperately to get guys into the ring with him. During that time Sergio Martinez, Felix Sturm, Miguel Cotto and Peter Quillin all ducked him. Carl Foch, Chris Eubanks Jr and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr negotiated for fights with GGG but either pulled out or (in the case of Eubanks) got pulled out by his own promoter. Erislandy Lara chose to talk ***** from 154 while wasting his career fighting Vanes Mate"whateverda***hisnameis"yan and Yuri Foreman. GGG finally managed to pin down Canelo after at least 2 years of negotiations. He fought Danny Jacobs in March, will probably fight Billy Joe Saunders in December if he wins Saturday and would have to fight that middleweight Charlo brother if he decides to stick around 160.

**** all the haters who don't see GGG trying to make the best possible fights.
    Last edited by yankees7448; 09-12-2017, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
      oh you guess now? LOL!! nothing more to see here then.
      Slick argument...seeing as you have none

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
        well, for one, you dont grow more abs and get more ripped as you get older compare to when you were younger! lol

so i guess all 36 year old is suppose to have nice clean clear skin then? LOL
        Oh no, zits all over your back is a good indication of a short ester usage, look it up genius.

Comment

All i know is he's going to whoop a Mexicans ass this Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
            I don't need to mention what Hopkins did after he left 160. I was pointing out that he spent 5 more years in the division than GGG spent fighting professionally before he moved up. He didn't have to wait 16 years to move up in weight.

Beating DeGeale wouldn't have meant a damned thing to anyone. Being a two division champ doesn't mean as much as unifying a division. Beating a guy who may not even be the best 168 pounder wouldn't mean as much as beating Canelo.

Beating Ward would have meant a lot more (I wouldn't favor GGG and my P4P rankings prove it) but he hasn't made 168 since November 2013. For all of Ward's blatent attempts to use GGG to remain relevant during his long period of inactivity that fight probably couldn't have happened anyway because Ward probably couldn't make 168 anymore.

As for that whole, I would fight anyone from 154-168 thing. He said that in 2012 and he's tried desperately to get guys into the ring with him. During that time Sergio Martinez, Felix Sturm, Miguel Cotto and Peter Quillin all ducked him. Carl Foch, Chris Eubanks Jr and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr negotiated for fights with GGG but either pulled out or (in the case of Eubanks) got pulled out by his own promoter. Erislandy Lara chose to talk ***** from 154 while wasting his career fighting Vanes Mate"whateverda***hisnameis"yan and Yuri Foreman. GGG finally managed to pin down Canelo after at least 2 years of negotiations. He fought Danny Jacobs in March, will probably fight Billy Joe Saunders in December if he wins Saturday and would have to fight that middleweight Charlo brother if he decides to stick around 160.

**** all the haters who don't see GGG trying to make the best possible fights.
            Im not reading all of that, but ill respond to the first part.

People ALWAYS try to bring Hopkins up, and still don't like it when the fact that the fight with DLH was a CATCHWEIGHT of 157...Hopkins spent all of those years at 160, but knew if he wanted to make the fight that he was going to have to go down, despite being the champion. IF you must compare Hopkins to golovkin, at least admit when the big opportunity came, golovkin didn't want to drop any weight to make the fight (again, what happened to 154-168?) Hopkins was willing, and did. Canelo wanted the fight with Floyd, he dropped 2 lbs to get it, Cotto had to drop 2 for plankman, marga******o had to drop 4 for plankman.

Comment

Slick argument...seeing as you have none
              no, it means there's no need to continue this since "you guess" LOL.

started off strong but ended it weak! lmao!

Comment

Oh no, zits all over your back is a good indication of a short ester usage, look it up genius.
                40 years old of a sudden is more ripped than when he was in his 20s, you dont even need to look this up LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  Why would they have to push so hard to make an undefeated middleweight champ with 3 of the 4 world title belts, 16 successful title defenses, 15 won by KO and a streak of 23 KOs in a row and 33KO wins out of 37 fights look good? Hell, he is good. You are always bragging about your ability to pick the winners of big fights. Who do you pick to win, Canelo or GGG who HBO is trying so hard to make look good?
                  Canelo will win by body punch stoppage late

Comment

Originally posted by Sp0rty Cr@ig View Post
                    HBO used to push no name American fighters aswell tho. They have always hyped up their fighters.

No one is in Mayweather, Pacquiao or Oscar league when it comes to PPV but in todays market GGG is one of the biggest draws. Outside of Canelo who can draw more than GGG? Most big fights nowadays arent even on PPV
                    Ggg did 97k and 115 thousand on his ppv, how is that a draw? Sounds more like a loss on investment.

Comment

Metho leave that floyd fan boy chit out of my thread man, why you bringing uo peds? This thread got nothing to do with false accusations, and pacquiaos acne was due to the pain killer he was using, his body never changed composition like maequez did in the last two pac fights under memo a known chemist.

You still keep holding onto this pacman is on peds to downplay pacs greatness out of racial insecurity, who cares the greater pac is the greater floyds win is, the more you downplay pac and diss him that means flouds best win is nothing and his legacy was built on cherry picking and a hype job on roids.

Comment

Working...
                      X