Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-McGregor Gate Falls Short of May-Pacquiao Record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shutupalready View Post
    All the Floyd fans are pissed now
    Doesn't sound like it....I bet you want them to be because you're pissed Mayweather made another boat load of money, while winning, and not taking damage. I don't think it's fair either buddy.

Comment

I watched the fight for free on line. id rather see the ppv fail so we can re evaluate why the fk we give Floyd a min of 100m and Connor 20m for a fight that was probably fixed.

Comment

No wonder ODLH's been crying non-stop for people to buy his GBP sponsored boxing match (GGG vs Canelo) and ranting against Floyd. BTW and conveniently, he didn't mumble a single word about the time when Ali fought some shin kicking Asian (forget his name) decades ago as a boxing match. Go figure .....

This news is both astonishing and embarrassing to say the least. This event generated more revenue than any other boxing event in HISTORY, outside of May-Pac and it only had a two-three month promotion. In one corner, you had a retired forty year old boxing HOF'er and in the other a up and coming MMA Star. And their event out sold every boxing event in history save one. Either other boxer's, along with their Promoter's need to up their game, or boxing needs another major star. Because no other match is even coming close to generating two million PPV's, let alone FOUR freaking million.

Its peculiar, that a boxing event that generated this much revenue under the boxing banner can be criticized, given the odd particulars surrounding the event.

Comment

Originally posted by nveleven View Post
          Isn't this sports entertainment?
          Wasn't this more entertaining than May/PAC, May/Canelo, May/Guerrero, May/Berto combined?!
          I'd say so.
          I happily parted w my $, and threw a massive fight party, and it was truly a memorable event.
          And I'm an account deletion away from being a casual.
          That's what casuals are--casual fans of a sport, but hardcore fanatics of big events.
          They're the same people who make nonsense like the Kentucky derby, Daytona 500, and The Masters big events.
          They don't give a **** about the outcome.
          This was the ultimate fight for casuals.
          May/PAC was a chess match, with both fighters respecting the threat each other posed. Therefore, to casuals it was boring. But they'll be back for the next one--they always are.
          This happened to be a perfect storm sports entertainment-wise.
          Your are a proud man. Brag to us some more about how you shelled out your money and how great it made you feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
            Your are a proud man. Brag to us some more about how you shelled out your money and how great it made you feel.
            I just did. Go back and read it on repeat and let it tongue bathe you

Comment

There's a new kid on the block ...
              1. Floyd vs Pacquiao 72,198,500
              2. Floyd vs Conor 55,414,865
              3. Golovkin vs Canelo 30,000,000
              4. Floyd vs Canelo 20,003,150
              5. Dela Hoya vs Floyd 18,419,200
              Last edited by SceneBoxer; 09-06-2017, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                No wonder ODLH's been crying non-stop for people to buy his GBP sponsored boxing match (GGG vs Canelo) and ranting against Floyd. BTW and conveniently, he didn't mumble a single word about the time when Ali fought some shin kicking Asian (forget his name) decades ago as a boxing match. Go figure .....

This news is both astonishing and embarrassing to say the least. This event generated more revenue than any other boxing event in HISTORY, outside of May-Pac and it only had a two-three month promotion. In one corner, you had a retired forty year old boxing HOF'er and in the other a up and coming MMA Star. And their event out sold every boxing event in history save one. Either other boxer's, along with their Promoter's need to up their game, or boxing needs another major star. Because no other match is even coming close to generating two million PPV's, let alone FOUR freaking million.

Its peculiar, that a boxing event that generated this much revenue under the boxing banner can be criticized, given the odd particulars surrounding the event.
                Not only that but after MayPac it made almost 3x more than the next highest gate in boxing history.

It's a tale of two sides. On one hand the numbers are huge. On the other hand we had Ellerbe saying the gate was at $60M, Dana saying the gate was at $70M, Floyd said the gate was $80M, but it turned out to be $55M. Also 1/3 of max capacity went unsold.

The gate is huge. But it could have been better. Or at worst they could have had a full house of 20.5K and made the same gate.

So we have to be careful how much we celebrate price gouging.

Comment

Originally posted by lowblows420 View Post
                  I watched the fight for free on line. id rather see the ppv fail so we can re evaluate why the fk we give Floyd a min of 100m and Connor 20m for a fight that was probably fixed.
                  It was fixed.. Anyone thinking McGregor was going to win was a fool.... So yes it was fixed for Floyd to win.. All Floyds fights are fixed for him to win..

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
                    It was fixed.. Anyone thinking McGregor was going to win was a fool.... So yes it was fixed for Floyd to win.. All Floyds fights are fixed for him to win..
                    I wouldn't doubt it. Either way, McGregor wasn't going to win.

I wouldn't doubt that a large number of boxing fights are fixed.

Christ.. saw one GGG fight like 2 years ago (forget who he fought) but GGG barely hit the guy on the side of the ribcage and the guy takes a dive acting like he broke his ribs. Got hit with a tap!!!!

Comment

I wonder how long before a fight cracks the top 4 ppvs. ..it mite take decades

Comment

Working...
                      X