No announcement yet.

If cotto had roach earlier in his career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If cotto had roach earlier in his career

He's looked rejuvinated at such an old age, his offense and timing seem way better.

Would his career be different?

Match making is everything man..since he has been with Roach who exactly has he defeated?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
      Match making is everything man..since he has been with Roach who exactly has he defeated?
      Martinez, geale, kamegei in extremely dominate performances. I think he wold have beat trout had Roach been training him. He looks better overall, and he's older. Honestly his performance against Canelo was great considering his age, and considering Canelos explosiveness and youth.

Comment

I think his career would have been somewhat better if he had always been trained by Roach. He wouldn't have been KOed by Pacquiao because they would never have fought. He seems to fight better with Roach as his trainer. I think he still would have lost to Margarito and Mayweather. I can't remember if Roach trained him for Mayweather but I don't think he did. It wouldn't have mattered because he couldn't beat Mayweather no matter who trained him. I think he would have been good enough to beat Trout with Roach training him and I think he would beat Trout in a rematch now. I think he should try to avenge his lost to Trout in his final fight if he doesn't mind taking a risky fight.

Comment

I think that Roach would have had better game plans for Cotto on his fights and prepared better, Roach has an ability to help fighters prepare for exactly what the opponent does well and had he had Cotto's career in his hands earlier, I think that would have helped Cotto tremendously.

Comment

Naw he would still have got his sht pushed in by Margarito.

Comment

No, it wouldn't have made a difference, Cotto's lack of a right hand and susceptibility to uppercuts is what stopped him from reaching a higher ceiling. Still a very good fighter in his prime, who also accomplished a good deal.
              Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 09-06-2017, 02:12 PM.

Comment

it wouldnt have made much difference. canelo whooped him and as far as i was aware roach was cottos trainer. He certainly didnt look rejuvenated that night. I think he could have beaten some of the recent fighters hes beat, without a trainer altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                  Martinez, geale, kamegei in
                  One was on a wheel chair who they also tried to drain, one was a zombie from The Walking Dead and the other is the true definition of a bum.

So, again, who has he defeated?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael1437 View Post
                    I think that Roach would have had better game plans for Cotto on his fights and prepared better, Roach has an ability to help fighters prepare for exactly what the opponent does well and had he had Cotto's career in his hands earlier, I think that would have helped Cotto tremendously.
                    ??? examples please..lol cause his fighters have been losing badly

Comment

Working...
                    X