Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the hardest hitting boxer of all-time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the hardest hitting boxer of all-time?

In terms of power, which boxer hit the hardest and had a deadly punch?

Ernie shavers
    Wilfredo gomez
    Carlos zarate

All brutal scary punchers.

Comment

Well Hector Thompson killed 2 or maybe it was 3 opponents in the ring.

Comment

malignaggi

Comment

Julian Jackson

Comment

Joe Louis
            https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=63168

Comment

George Foreman

Comment

I think Wlad is the hardest single shot puncher in history.

Doesnt mean he is the best puncher, but i think he is the hardest.

Ill try dig up the thread, but a sparring partner from the 90s who worked with punchers such as Tyson, Lewis, old Foreman, Tua and some others said that Wlad had the scariest power in a single punch. Like lights out splattered across the canvas power.

Comment

http://ghosttown-boxing.2299399.n4.nabble.com/I-sparred-with-Evander-Holyfield-George-Foreman-Lennox-Lewis-David-Tua-and-others-td4090601.html

Hello everyone. I'm a friend of AJ's from another forum. I used to box professionally from time to time, but nowadays I still spar. I've sparred with many legends. AJ asked to me describe what it is like to be in the ring with them and gauge their punching power. I will not reveal my name for personal reasons, but under anoymousity I feel a bit safer. If you want to know my identity send me an email, but I doubt you've heard of me anyway. I only had three professional fights.

I fought Lennox Lewis and Riddick Bowe as an amateur.

Riddicks power wasnt memorable to me. It probably got better as he got older, cause he never even remotely buzzed me in either of our contests.

Lennox hit like a ****ing tank. He cowed me; I won the first round, and he literally broke my spirit and took my soul with a right uppercut and straight right hand in the 2nd. I tried to stay away, and forgot to punch. He never got me quite as good again, but I will never forget those two punches. When we sparred years later, he hit very hard. Distinctly unpleasant to be hit by the man.

David Tua was unpleasant. I can't see myself getting stopped by him early, as he never really staggers me, but every shot hurt, and he'd bang. Every other guy I ever sparred would box when I got aggressive, but David would stand his ground and give. I'd get these horrible headaches after sparring with him, and Dave told me once that whenever he knew I was on the dance card, he'd drink extra water for his brain. Nice guy. Hit like a wrecking ball. David Tua hit hard enough to knock my headgear clean around my face. Dude had a pretty limited style, but that left was quick as a cobra when he was sharp, and boy did it have bite. Having sparred them both, Wladimir would school Tua and probably turn out his lights. He just lacks almost any sort of refinement to his violence. Granted, I don't really either unless I'm really, really on that day, but the best heavyweights I've sparred handled me a lot easier than David did.
                  Feels kinda bad critiquing the dude, though. He's a fun guy, super hospitable and friendly, hit like a truck and put me through plenty of painful paces. I only hope our careers and lives don't end up with me required to face him with 12's and no mask. I can't afford the surgery.

Evander Holyfield was a machine gun. He put me on my butt first round we ever sparred with a 7 or 8 punch volley. He just punched well; He'd move around and when he let them go, they hit, hard and fast and in large numbers. He was the weakest of the group since Bowe, but probably the most dangerous. He never found me difficult to find, and turned me into a bobble head more than once.

George Foreman was tricky. His jab was absolutely numbing-Ive never felt a jab like that, where your whole face would feel like it got novacained after he hit you with it. He'd also throw light punches primarily, almost pitty pat, till he had the opening, and then he'd wallop you. His punches had the most force; They didn't hurt any worse than Tua or Lewis, but I remember how badly they'd screw with my balance. His shots moved me. He also broke my nose with a straight right.

Wladimir Klitschko hit me by far the hardest, though. I couldn't get past the jab, and his right hands hit like thunder. They reminded me of Lewis', but they were quicker and sharper. Wladimir staggered me regularly in sparring. There are literally whole rounds I don't remember. He also knocked me out with a left hook. Not down, out. Only time in my life I've seen canvas and not been able to stand up by 10 seconds.
                  Obviously complimentary of all of them as im sure most would be, but he seems pretty clear. And that is a great era for power punchers.

I do wonder how he would have felt facing a younger George who more snap in his punches

Comment

Randal Bailey a ****!ng bum but has godly power without much effort

Comment

Working...
                    X