Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr. claims Conor was badly concussed, Byrd should be considered a hero!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    MMA Guys...and this is no disrespect because I'm a HUGE MMA Fan just like boxing but as posted before the fight they don't have the Punch Resistance of a Boxer! It is impossible to expect them to have it when many of them come from Greco-Roman or Freestyle Wrestling, Judo, Karate, Jiu Jitsu and other forms of Martial Arts in which they really don't get hit much if at all during their Training of those Arts. Compared to a Boxing who many been taking punches since they was Kids.

Byrd made the right choice! If he didn't stop it he would've go dropped and dude to fatigue also settling in he wasn't going to get up. Byrd stopping it when he did kept his reputation somewhat in tact!
    lol, I posted that too man. The punch resistance is WAY different. Thats why when these MMA guys get hit, they turn into wrestlers. I like watching MMA too so its obvious to see the difference. I was listening to a podcast and I forgot who the MMArtist was but he was saying even in a boxing gym the level of intensity is different with sparring which to me is why boxers gain better punch resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post
      I told so many casuals that...
      But they say “Conor’s the puncher”

Then I say no Floyd is the pun....nvm....**** it
      Dude if you rewatch the fight, Floyd was putting everything he had on his punches. He made the same face when he punched Conor as when he hit Victor Ortiz to KO him. Also people claim Floyd looked 40 and yeah I can agree but not because he got hit like everyone says but because it took him so long to KO Conor, had this been 4yrs ago, I think the fight wouldve went the same exact way but ended in the 8th as I predicted.

Comment

Dont know about a concussion, but he wasnt just tired, he was hurt by a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          Dude if you rewatch the fight, Floyd was putting everything he had on his punches. He made the same face when he punched Conor as when he hit Victor Ortiz to KO him. Also people claim Floyd looked 40 and yeah I can agree but not because he got hit like everyone says but because it took him so long to KO Conor, had this been 4yrs ago, I think the fight wouldve went the same exact way but ended in the 8th as I predicted.
          The moments he did this were very small, and I dont know if he landed much of anything while doing so.

Comment

I'm fine with the stoppage, but he certainly didn't seem concussed to me. I don't think the doctor is claiming that he was concussed, as the thread title says, but rather that he was showing signs that meant he could be concussed and so the referee was right to stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
              Conor got his ass WHOOPED
              I out of habit read this in Roger Mayweather's voice lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                Fatigue may cause sluggish and slow movements, but does not cause the imbalance and poor coordination exhibited by McGregor in the 10th round.
                ^That's been my sentiment on the matter. When you aren't able to stand completely upright, you're done. We've got a culture of fans who need to see a guy break from consciousness, because that's what they see in MMA, but that's where boxing gets dangerous. You don't have a guy continually take neurological damage once the writing is on the wall.

Comment

He was slurring his speech at the end when he went to congratulate Floyd.

"I wassstilll here

Comment

connor was robbed!!!!!!!!! im with skip bayless he was kicking floyds azz!!!!!!

Comment

Brittle hands doe

Comment

Working...
                      X