Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: NSAC Head: Byrd Did Excellent Job in Mayweather-McGregor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: NSAC Head: Byrd Did Excellent Job in Mayweather-McGregor

As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, Conor McGregor has a bit of time to consider his options after earning an estimated $100 million from his fight of the century' with Floyd Mayweather last weekend at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. He has at least two months before he is allowed anywhere near a combat sport.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So I guess 20 hammer punches to the back of head Is a awesome job. Supposed to have a big younger tough guy to separate them and actually enforce the rules but refs like judges inept they had Mcgregor losing every round he won 3

Comment

yes... stoppage came at the right time otherwise Floyd would have obliterated him.

Comment

I'm in the minority in thinking he did a pretty good job too. he could have issued conor more stern warnings about the hammer punching, but otherwise i'm glad he wasn't too involved and let them fight it out. floyd wasnt doing himself any favors either by turning around and bending low at the waist. stoppage came at a good time, otherwise conor could have gotten seriously hurt

Comment

As per usual I disagree with the NSAC.

-Byrd gave a weird ass pre-fight SPEECH, that sh^t wasn't the standard pre-fight instructions thats for damn sure, which seemed odd as f#ck & out of place

-Byrd allowed Conor to throw idk how many hammer punches which I would assume to be illegal, but maybe I need to check the rulebook out or something idk

-Byrd gave Conor no sorta warning that he was close to stopping the fight, a simple "show me something" remark woulda been fine, but just jumping in over a flurry that mostly didn't land or didn't land solid isn't a good look when stopping a fight thats this big

Granted no super strong negatives there, but it wasn't a "excellent job". Solid job probably would be more fitting.

Comment

Should have let him go down and out next round give finality to the boxer UFC question Floyd punches wouldn't have killed him just put him down where he belonged where UFC finishes there fights

Comment

Byrd was VERY lenient with McGregor. I think he was actually afraid to take a point from him because of the crowd.

Comment

Of course they do, early reports are saying the fight did 6.5 million in buys...everybody involved will be walking around smiling for the next year

Comment

Byrd was pretty awful in this one. I could count the ways but I think Pandas already covered it. I usually like RB's style but this didn't even resemble boxing because of what he allowed mac to do.

Comment

I wanted to see him go down. It would've been a big viral moment for Floyd

Comment

Working...
                    X