Collapse
No announcement yet.

The biggest star in boxing is now an MMA fighter. Thanks Floyd! lol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its a 50/50ish bet he never boxes again. So the "biggest star in boxing" line seems like some C- troll sh^t.

I think the money is the only thing that keeps him in boxing if he does box again. And I'm not sure he can command $10M+ type paydays on the reg in boxing like he can get in MMA (his announced purses in MMA have been $3M or less, but with PPV points he's making $15M+ per fight).

I think Paulie is maybe the only viable fight for him in boxing that can make money with all that mainstream fan beef that everyone saw with them. Idk that people could get behind Conor vs Spence or Thurman or Canelo or GGG & idk that Conor would even wanna risk those fights with how he was dead ass tired before the halfway point of his fight with a 40 year old, 2 years retired fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
      What makes you say that? When is the last time Diaz fought? Seems like they're keeping him inactive.
      Yeah they kinda are but at the sametime Diaz is keeping himself inactive too. Either way though, 1 thing these MMA guys dont like to admit is boxing is a fundamental to their game as wrestling is (wrestling moreso of course) and Mcgregor just went through a training camp to box one of the best boxers ever. I also think Byrd saved Mcgregor too, had Floyd put another 1minutes worth of beating on him, it may have made him punchy, but I truly feel the boxing camp + the early stoppage will help McG in MMA more than anything.

Diaz spars with Andre Ward but I really think its moreso for Ward to work distance and range in a training camp with a tall lanky guy.

Comment

He isn't a big boxing star now. He won a few rounds with a weird style and pitty pat punches but the famous power he bragged of never showed up. Mayweather was never bothered by any punch he landed. Once the very sluggish, sloppy sup par Mayweather got warmed up he walked right through him. Conor ended up exhausted, defenseless and running away unable to fight back. He found out he isn't the new king of boxing and even old retired pro boxing champions are more than he can handle. Boxing fans can see he is not and never will be a threat to any top boxer under boxing rules. The fight made so much money partly because Conor had that mystery factor about how good he might be as a boxer since he dropped those chinny MMA guys like flies. Conor did a good job of selling himself. That's gone now. He has been exposed as a mediocre boxer and few will pay to see him fight again under boxing rules. I doubt we will ever see Conor in a boxing ring again. He will return to the UFC because he prefers winning to losing.

Comment

They did a great job marketing that fight but every time they mentioned McGregor it was always in conjunction with Mayweather. Unless he fights another big boxing star, I don't see anyone paying attention to him as boxer.

However, the next he fight in the UFC, mark my word, they will milk the Mayweather fight.

Comment

Well actually he was currently the biggest PPV Star In Combat Sports before the Mayweather fight. He does way better number than anybody in Boxing those are just FACTS!

McGregor will draw no matter what he does next, either box Paulie next or go back to the UFC and fight Nate Diaz again!

Comment

Heis my favorite boxer of all time. The excitement he brought to this sport, I had never experienced before. His charisma, personality, attitude, fight style. Just one of a kind. The best thing that happened to boxing. He resurrected the sport.

Comment

No the biggest star in combat sports is undoubtedly floyd mayweather

Comment

Working...
                X