Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does ARUM Get A PASS? Or HBO At Fault For RIGO vs LOMA on ESPN!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does ARUM Get A PASS? Or HBO At Fault For RIGO vs LOMA on ESPN!!!

See what happens with the karma!!??

Many of us, including RJJ, were justifying this bout, only to NOW HEAR Arum: ''Rigo vs Loma at the Garden, Dec. 9th...''

He also reiterated that he wants TR Legacy to father Two-Time Gold Medalists going at it, something many of us, including RJJ has been saying on HBO for the longest FOR FREE!

We all know ARUM has contradicted himself, but at the same time ARUM has always been critical about what HBO wants...supposedly..

So was it ARUM or HBO that killed Loma vs Rigo on their network, whereas NOW Arum is thrilled for this fight on ESPN! lol

where is that poster that kept pestering me as to what benefit would Loma get out of this fight

HBO is showing less and less interest in boxing. They have less dates set aside for fights. I think Bob is sticking it to them a little since they snubbed the last Pac fight. Top Rank has found a new home in ESPN, which is a win-win for fans who don't have to pay for a fight and fighters who can get more exposure on free television. So long as they are getting paid what they feel they are worth, I don't see the problem.

Comment

I think loma most talented boxer in the world and this fight doesn't do anything for me. Rigo barely big enough for 122 and now he's fighting someone probably more talented then him and two weight classes maybe three above him next year. Seems like a huge mismatch. All the credit goes to rigo if he wins though.

Its like saying ward would get credit for beating ggg or ggg getting credit for the brook fight. Weight classes matter.

Comment

HBO was so scared Loma would lose they let Arum take his whole roster elsewhere...

Comment

It's getting made that all I care about. The weight, the money all of that doesn't personally matter to me because both boxers have a negotiation phase where they can argue for certain things to be in their favor or balanced. If Loma is too big for Rigo then Rigo can decide not to fight him, if Loma has to lose too much weight to fight Rigo he can decide to not fight him. If they come to an agreement then let's get it on.

Comment

I don't think there is necessarily any fault here...Rigo vs Loma on ESPN is better for the fighters, exposure-wise. popularity-wise, both guys are ESPN-level guys. I think guys should be built up to a certain level before they start fighting behind pay walls, unless the pay wall is dedicated to the content (boxing) being delivered.

if you can't sell out an arena, you probably shouldn't be fighting on HBO/Showtime...but what do I know, im not a promoter

Comment

Rigo is not even a TR fighter you people should be happy this was made at all.
              Look at the disgusting situation happening in the Haymon camp.
              Spence can't even get fights in his own stable.
              Jacobs vs Charlo are available, yet they'd rather sit idly by wasting their prime years. Where is Peterson? Where is Garcia, Porter, Berto, Khan, Thurman, etc?
              You people should be embarrassed by your extreme bias.
              You see things in other areas, yet you ignore garbage in your own backyard.

I would watch Jacobs vs Charlo on BET, if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                HBO is showing less and less interest in boxing. They have less dates set aside for fights. I think Bob is sticking it to them a little since they snubbed the last Pac fight. Top Rank has found a new home in ESPN, which is a win-win for fans who don't have to pay for a fight and fighters who can get more exposure on free television. So long as they are getting paid what they feel they are worth, I don't see the problem.

ESPN is not free

Comment

Originally posted by 493dart View Post
                  ESPN is not free
                  Well, considering a large majority of people in the U.S. subscribe to cable television, it's included in your monthly bill. Unlike HBO which is a paid network.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                    See what happens with the karma!!??

Many of us, including RJJ, were justifying this bout, only to NOW HEAR Arum: ''Rigo vs Loma at the Garden, Dec. 9th...''

He also reiterated that he wants TR Legacy to father Two-Time Gold Medalists going at it, something many of us, including RJJ has been saying on HBO for the longest FOR FREE!

We all know ARUM has contradicted himself, but at the same time ARUM has always been critical about what HBO wants...supposedly..

So was it ARUM or HBO that killed Loma vs Rigo on their network, whereas NOW Arum is thrilled for this fight on ESPN! lol

where is that poster that kept pestering me as to what benefit would Loma get out of this fight
                    I am interested to see Dan Rafael's take if the loma/rigo fight gets made. He has been very dismissive of rigo since he left TR, he has called him boring and advocated for him not to be back on TV because he is so boring.

I may not always agree with him but I hope ESPN brass doesn't castrate him. It sucked to watch them compromise Teddy's integrity by making him change his p4p vote to put rigo in the top 5 after he voted spence there.

Comment

Working...
                    X