Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Stephen A. Smith on Top Rank/ESPN Deal, De La Hoya

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Stephen A. Smith on Top Rank/ESPN Deal, De La Hoya

Stephen A. Smith Video Interview - ESPN and Top Rank today announced a vast and exclusive, multimedia agreement to make ESPN the home of Top Rank in the U.S. and Canada. Under the agreement, ESPN will televise live fights on ESPN and ESPN Deportes and stream them on the ESPN App, will stream fights and other Top Rank content on the recently announced ESPN-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service via BAMTech and deliver select pay-per-view (PPV) fight events.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Brilliant move by ESPN and Bob Arum on Boxing deal over HBO

ESPN is smart aligning with Arum on major boxing bouts with Teddy Atlas announcing. Even the obnoxious announcing pimp Stephan A. Smith agrees. It's a money deal screwing HBO. Great

Comment

Sucks...absolutely sucks...espn doesn't take the sport as seriously as the other networks. Anytime you have to fast forward through little league baseball or dirt bike racing on your recording, making the boxing show 30 minutes late...and you have to do a 4 hour recording or youll miss half the main event...theyre very loose and sloppy with the programming.

Comment

We'll see how this plays out, but I'm all for boxing being more accessible and getting more exposure. And Stephen A.'s knowledge is certainly questionable, but I can't really disagree with what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
          We'll see how this plays out, but I'm all for boxing being more accessible and getting more exposure. And Stephen A.'s knowledge is certainly questionable, but I can't really disagree with what he said.
          Unfortunately, soccer, little league, dirt bike racing, skiing, and any other fringe sport you can imagine will be getting exposure as well, as they cut into as much as an hour of the start of your recording .

Better make sure double up on the 2 hour recording time, or you'll only catch 3 rounds of the main event .

Comment

Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
            Unfortunately, soccer, little league, dirt bike racing, skiing, and any other fringe sport you can imagine will be getting exposure as well, as they cut into as much as an hour of the start of your recording .

Better make sure double up on the 2 hour recording time, or you'll only catch 3 rounds of the main event .
            Probably not for boxing. At least not anymore. ESPN would be stupid to not make it a priority if it's making the network alot money.

Comment

Dude, were talking past tense here ! ESPN starts that boxing show anytime they feel like it! If your recording has an hour of bull riding on it, so be it ! This new deal might wake ESPN up, and they'll send the end of the girls softball game to a sister network! Might!

Comment

OMG did I just hear Stephen A. Smith mention Anthony Joshua in the P4P top ten?! around the four minute mark of this video??? hes been hanging out with Max Kellerman for too long.

Comment

Working...
                X