Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto-Kamegai Peaked at 805K Viewers, Averaged 730K on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cotto-Kamegai Peaked at 805K Viewers, Averaged 730K on HBO

Not bad considering the event that took place.

Even in direct competition with a pay-per-view extravaganza, boxing fans tuned in to watch Miguel Cotto's return to the ring. According to ratings released Tuesday by Nielsen Media Research, HBO's broadcast of Cotto's victory over Yoshihiro Kamegai drew a peak audience of 805,000 viewers on Saturday night. An average audience of 730,000 watched Cotto's 12-round, unanimous-decision win.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 08-29-2017, 11:57 AM.

Pretty damn good. Everyone and their mother seemed to be watching the Mayweather fight, legally or illegally.

For perspective, a couple of years ago Quillin vs Jacobs averaged 386k with no competition on tv while both got paid 1.5M. I'm not sure what Cotto got paid but Kamegai must've gotten low 6 figures at best.

Comment

Yup a lot of folks were saying that nobody would show up or watch. These are really great numbers for head to head with maybe the biggest PPV of alltime. For comparison I think only broner vs Garcia has done higher ratings on showtime for 2017. Lomacheko last fight on ESPN drew 728K just a few weeks ago and this out did that despite ESPN running adds and talking about it about all fight week. No ESPN coverage on fight week as all the coverage was on Floyd/Mcgregor and still they outdid Lomachenko vs Marriaga.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Cotto-Kamegai Peaked at 805K Viewers, Averaged 730K on HBO

Even in direct competition with a pay-per-view extravaganza, boxing fans tuned in to watch Miguel Cotto's return to the ring. According to ratings released Tuesday by Nielsen Media Research, HBO's broadcast of Cotto's victory over Yoshihiro Kamegai drew a peak audience of 805,000 viewers on Saturday night. An average audience of 730,000 watched Cotto's 12-round, unanimous-decision win.
        [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          Yup a lot of folks were saying that nobody would show up or watch. These are really great numbers for head to head with maybe the biggest PPV of alltime. For comparison I think only broner vs Garcia has done higher ratings on showtime for 2017. Lomacheko last fight on ESPN drew 728K just a few weeks ago and this out did that despite ESPN running adds and talking about it about all fight week. No ESPN coverage on fight week as all the coverage was on Floyd/Mcgregor and still they outdid Lomachenko vs Marriaga.
          Cotto is still a decent draw. With a name he could still do 400k+ ppv. Lomachenko has peaked as far as ratings. With the right name, like M. Garcia, his ratings will rise. Until he has that fight against a known commodity his numbers will stay about the same

Comment

The fight also sold out the Stubhub Center. Good showing.

Comment

Cotto is still a superstar! Compare his numbers with Lomachenko and Errol Spence Jr., and you can see that the young lions still haven't made a name for themselves. Cotto vs. Kamegai nearly matched Garcia vs. Broner! Will boxing survive once Floyd, Manny, and Cotto walk away? What if Canelo loses?

Comment

Nobody was going to watch this tho. Nobody cared about this fight tho.

The ratings were going to be really bad and suck tho.

Lol, I predicted anywhere between 600k to 800k for this fight.

StubHub Center had a sold out crowd reported as well for this fight.
                Last edited by True That; 08-29-2017, 12:16 PM.

Comment

That is damn good considering what it was going up against. It was better than the Tank Davis Sloppy Fest that is for sure so I sure a lot of people was watching that while waiting for the Mainevent!

Comment

Watched both as I had the Mayweather v. McGregor card on stream from Showtime and this on the TV. Once the fight was over, I just hooked up the HDMI cord for the main event.

Btw, Stub Hub was not sold out based on the crowd I saw on TV. Unless there were a few thousand or so no shows. There were definitely empty seats on the second level. Still had a solid crowd. Good event for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X