No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin, Sanchez Feel No Extra Pressure in Canelo Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ce1ska View Post
    Why couldn't Canelo KO jr? He was literally just standing there taking everything yet he couldn't put him away.
    Why did it take Fonfara 9 rounds to take out JCC Jr.? A LHW ranked top 5 in 2016..

But Canelo just having fun and standing on a stool... as if Alvarez took the Bout seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
      Can't wait to see Golovkin knock this b1tch out.
      Me either....it's gonna happen.

Comment

I think there is a big difference between Golovkin and Alvarez and it relates mostly to the condition of their opponents at the end of the fight. Canelo is a knockout puncher. It was pretty dramatic when he put Kahn and Kirkland to sleep.

Golovkin is a devastating puncher as well but the difference is he punishes his opponents leading up to either a knockout or stoppage. For example think about Rosado, Lemieux, Brook and Macklin. Rosado's face looked like hamburger meat. Lemieux was bloodied and beaten down until the stoppage in round 8. Brook's eye socket was fractured and Macklin's ribs as well.

So I think if Golovkin senses he can take Canelo's power we all know the outcome. It will be evident early on as to which direction this fight will take. They are both great representatives of the sport and as boxing fans we should all be in for an entertaining night.
        Last edited by Graz; 08-30-2017, 03:57 AM.

Comment

It's all planned. They are preparing the retirement speech and excuses now. There's no pressure, they're delighted with how long they've fooled the gullible and gotten a great pay day.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            why mention boogiemen ?

Golovkin has avoided anyone with a pulse

so, there is no line of " boogiemen "

Canelo is a smaller fighter coming up, and nobody gave him a chance 12 months ago..... in fact, a lot of clown posters called him a coward and said the fight would never happen

the only fighter who could be accurately described as a boogieman has given up on fighting lil'G and moved to 175

to answer your question..... if Golovkin wins, then he gets credit for beating Canelo, and will most likely have proved that he is not one-dimensional
            Ok so putting aside your lengthy history of expressing your dislike for this fighter. Can I be real blunt with you? I also don't mean no disrespect for what I am about to say, I am just pointing out something maybe no other man has bothered to point out to you. You are on a site talking about athletes that can potentially be one punch away from dying for our entertainment. Calling this man "Lil G" like he's some middle school nerd who gets chumped for his lunch money is massively disrespectful not just of him but of yourself cuz. That's chick stuff, and again i'm just being straight up with you here. Shh is just as bad as when cats on here call Floyd "Fraud" or Pacquaio "Poochiao." Not a single one of us here earns their money the way these men do, the least you can do even when criticizing them is come into the conversation being a man and remaining onE throughout and calling a man by his name isn't hard to do. I expect that kind of stuff from the Jason Shaw's of the site but you've been here long enough and we've agreed on more than our fair share of topics and bouts and have disagreed on plenty as well so i'm just keeping it real with you on the strength of that. His name is Gennady and he takes punches to the body for a living, when he's a drunk getting rolled for his money feel free to call him what you want. As long as he's getting in that ring, no matter how bad you think a fighter is or how bad he actually is, he's doing something you are unwilling or incapable of doing and doing so while putting his actual life on the line doing so. Look at dudes like Magomed Abdusallov and remember what's a stake when these men get in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              Ok so putting aside your lengthy history of expressing your dislike for this fighter. Can I be real blunt with you? I also don't mean no disrespect for what I am about to say, I am just pointing out something maybe no other man has bothered to point out to you. You are on a site talking about athletes that can potentially be one punch away from dying for our entertainment. Calling this man "Lil G" like he's some middle school nerd who gets chumped for his lunch money is massively disrespectful not just of him but of yourself cuz. That's chick stuff, and again i'm just being straight up with you here. Shh is just as bad as when cats on here call Floyd "Fraud" or Pacquaio "Poochiao." Not a single one of us here earns their money the way these men do, the least you can do even when criticizing them is come into the conversation being a man and remaining onE throughout and calling a man by his name isn't hard to do. I expect that kind of stuff from the Jason Shaw's of the site but you've been here long enough and we've agreed on more than our fair share of topics and bouts and have disagreed on plenty as well so i'm just keeping it real with you on the strength of that. His name is Gennady and he takes punches to the body for a living, when he's a drunk getting rolled for his money feel free to call him what you want. As long as he's getting in that ring, no matter how bad you think a fighter is or how bad he actually is, he's doing something you are unwilling or incapable of doing and doing so while putting his actual life on the line doing so. Look at dudes like Magomed Abdusallov and remember what's a stake when these men get in the ring.

I don't really disagree with anything you said, but.....

if I searched your post-history, would I find a comment insinuating that Canelo either..... will duck Golovkin, or has ducked Golovkin?

if so, then your "boogieman" reference to Canelo is highly inaccurate..... and your lecture to me is misplaced

all I am saying is, I have never heard anyone refer to Canelo as Golovkin's "boogieman"..... but I have heard Canelo referred to as a coward on dozens of occasions

not sure if I ever heard you correct those guys, like you did me?

as a rule I don't use silly nicknames for fighters, so your lecture was a little unnecessary..... because the lil'G reference was made in regards to Ward/boogiemen..... and he is qualified to call Golovkin whatever he likes

I have used that nick previously, because I cannot stand the lies/rubbish from fans..... so yea, every single time a Golovkin fan categorically deny's that Gennady avoided Ward TWICE..... that fan could well be reminded of the nickname bestowed on Gennady by Andre Ward

if you call that childish, you would possibly be correct..... but I call denying what happened in 2015 childish, and we all have our coping mechanisms

I have never questioned Gennady's courage, even in regards to Ward..... he would have been ****** to take that unnecessary fight..... but I am 100% questioning the "fearless warrior who will fight anyone from 154-168" myth..... they are taking the fights they want and passing on the rest, just like everyone else

a very good post, just think it may be slightly misplaced..... ?
              Last edited by aboutfkntime; 08-30-2017, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                I don't really disagree with anything you said, but.....

if I searched your post-history, would I find a comment insinuating that Canelo either..... will duck Golovkin, or has ducked Golovkin?

if so, then your "boogieman" reference to Canelo is highly inaccurate..... and your lecture to me is misplaced

all I am saying is, I have never heard anyone refer to Canelo as Golovkin's "boogieman"..... but I have heard Canelo referred to as a coward on dozens of occasions

not sure if I ever heard you correct those guys, like you did me?

as a rule I don't use silly nicknames for fighters, so your lecture was a little unnecessary..... because the lil'G reference was made in regards to Ward/boogiemen..... and he is qualified to call Golovkin whatever he likes

I have used that nick previously, because I cannot stand the lies/rubbish from fans..... so yea, every single time a Golovkin fan categorically deny's that Gennady avoided Ward TWICE..... that fan could well be reminded of the nickname bestowed on Gennady by Andre Ward

if you call that childish, you would possibly be correct..... but I call denying what happened in 2015 childish, and we all have our coping mechanisms

I have never questioned Gennady's courage, even in regards to Ward..... he would have been ****** to take that unnecessary fight..... but I am 100% questioning the "fearless warrior who will fight anyone from 154-168" myth..... they are taking the fights they want and passing on the rest, just like everyone else

a very good post, just think it may be slightly misplaced..... ?
                Not misplaced brother, I just get a little disgruntled seeing people that I know 100% actually like the sport and not in the casual sense instead of the typical soap opera aspect of it. I also think alot of these kids on this website have never as much as had a fist fight and love to adapt what they see. Yeah you can find me being critical of Canelo and you can find me actually praising him in times he's actually stepped up to his challenges whichever they might be but i've always done so respectfully and in the vast majority of those cases my criticism has been funded by Oscar's desire to rule the boxing world with one boxer. I'm glad the fight is being made though and lots of questions can get answered for all. I know you are a legit boxing fan cuz.

Comment

All the pressure is on Gennady Golovkin , Abel Sanchez & Tom Loeffler.

Comment

Working...
                  X