No announcement yet.

UFC in hot water after streaming app crashed for PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post

They're saying all showtime orders get refunded? I ordered on showtime and watched just fine.. How would they know who did/did not actually get to watch?

Comment

Lol well that didn't take long.

Comment

Originally posted by hateinyaeyes32 View Post
        They're saying all showtime orders get refunded? I ordered on showtime and watched just fine.. How would they know who did/did not actually get to watch?
        You can probably track it down on twitter or emails folks made to customer support. UFC is pretty easy because the entire app crashed so nobody got to see it.

Here are some of the tweets at UFC and Dana White directly

Comment

Originally posted by hateinyaeyes32 View Post
          Since I believe Showtime was the one providing the data stream to UFC - In other words if it was the Showtime commentary crew then UFC,tv was just a passthrough of the Showtime data stream - the lawsuit would likely call out any failure to receive that stream, regardless of medium. I'm just guessing on that one

Comment

Is there a possibility this was a sabotage on Dana White's UFC by Showtime/boxing?

Comment

Chalk up another loss for the UFC. LOL @ them being sold for $4 billion.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                Since I believe Showtime was the one providing the data stream to UFC - In other words if it was the Showtime commentary crew then UFC,tv was just a passthrough of the Showtime data stream - the lawsuit would likely call out any failure to receive that stream, regardless of medium. I'm just guessing on that one
                yeah UFC.tv just sold a relay of the Showtime feed with showtime commentary crew not normal UFC crew and announcers.

Comment

Oh f#ck at all those tweets. Thats sh^tty.

I was reading some stuff on reddit about this & some cats where saying that they often don't refund apparently or thats what they were saying. They said they will just allow you to watch the replay for free for a week or something like that &/or if 10% of the show got shown they don't refund. That sounds crazy to me still, but thats what I seen some people say that seemed like they knew what they were talking about. Anyone confirm or deny that?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Oh f#ck at all those tweets. Thats sh^tty.

I was reading some stuff on reddit about this & some cats where saying that they often don't refund apparently or thats what they were saying. They said they will just allow you to watch the replay for free for a week or something like that &/or if 10% of the show got shown they don't refund. That sounds crazy to me still, but thats what I seen some people say that seemed like they knew what they were talking about. Anyone confirm or deny that?
                    look at any new tweets from UFC fight pass twitter account and you see a hundreds of tweets telling folks not to buy UFC Fight Pass, boycott UFC PPVs and that they keep emailing the UFC who are just ignoring their claims, emails and providing no refund, no credit, ect. UFC badly handling this and it's ruining their brand. And like I said there is already 1 official class act lawsuit hitting Showtime, the same lawyers announced there will be a separate class act lawsuit aimed at the UFC. Refusing to issue refunds and put out a statement is just going to hurt them more in the long run and the money they face in legal fees and class act settlement will dwarf the money if they just stepped in front day 1 and refunded.

Last edited by bigdunny1; 08-29-2017, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      look at any new tweets from UFC fight pass twitter account and you see a hundreds of tweets telling folks not to buy UFC Fight Pass, boycott UFC PPVs and that they keep emailing the UFC who are just ignoring their claims, emails and providing no refund, no credit, ect. UFC badly handling this and it's ruining their brand. And like I said there is already 1 official class act lawsuit hitting Showtime, the same lawyers announced there will be a separate class act lawsuit aimed at the UFC. Refusing to issue refunds and put out a statement is just going to hurt them more in the long run and the money they face in legal fees and class act settlement will dwarf the money if they just stepped in front day 1 and refunded.
                      Oh yea I don't disagree at all. Have they not said anything to the people obviously upset about the PPV situation? I mean wtf you gotta say something right. Can't be advertising Tuesday Night Contender & ignore a sh^t show on Saturday.

If they are exploring their move with this they need to explore their move quicker its Tuesday & this bs happened Saturday. Monday shoulda been the latest they said something to customers.

Comment

Working...
                      X