Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Miguel Cotto Returns, Drops Big Bombs on Kamegai

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twas a glorified sparring session.Cotto will get KO'd by GGG and decisioned by Canelo.

Comment

Man why won't Cotto just fight a WW moving up. He's always trying to fight these big fighters.

Comment

Man, I mean we knew Kamegai was tough, had a chin, etc...but damn after that now we know this dude is like a sponge who absorbs punishment.

The shots he was taking constantly and running to Cotto after taking them to get some more was sick.

Dude's head almost got knocked off his shoulders countless times, his head going left to right, right to left and he would turn around towards Cotto look at him sneer and **** his gloves together and run at him to get some more. Never seen anything like that.

One of the best chins in boxing today if not the best. That was just ******, made no sense how dude was able to absorb all of that.

With that being said Cotto showed his class, talent and skill level and dominated pretty much from start to finish. But Kudos to both for an entertaining show, one guy displaying his skills, talent are still relevant at 36 years old and the other guy displaying incredible resiliency, heart and iron chin. Good show even though it was one sided.

Comment

Cotto has balls. He is not trying to fight Amir Khan like that 187lb "Jr Middleweight... "

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
            Man why won't Cotto just fight a WW moving up. He's always trying to fight these big fighters.
            Kamegai was a WW moving up. I'm surprised he didn't fight Bradley instead. I know he retired, but maybe Bradley would've been motivated enough to halt his retirement plans for one more match.

Comment

Cotto looked good and he definitely had signs of rust in the first few rounds. But once he shook off the rust he didn't really have any worries at all. His stamina was surprisingly good for as much work he was putting in. He set his own personal record for punches thrown and landed, I believe. Which says a lot for being at the tail end of his career. I really don't know how Kamegai could withstand some of those shots. I wish Cotto would have gone to the body more though. But since Kamegai was just giving up his chin to be hit, Cotto obliged. Still, I felt he could have ended this sooner with a sustained body attack. I am looking forward to Cotto's farewell fight. He gave us fans a hell of a career to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
                If you want to act like a little kid, don't bother replying or quoting me.

If you're Mexican or a fan of Mexican boxing cool. I just try to be objective, honest, unbiased and real as possible. If you're so sensitive because that is my opinion, then that is on you, try being mature and an adult about it.

That's my opinion and view, we can agree to disagree.

For me, your reply to me is ridiculously ******.
                I'm not Mexican nor do I find Mexican boxing more appealing than any other boxing.

I'm un unbiased student of the game, where i'm from is irrelevant.

My reply was clever, and hilarious. You only find it ****** because the jokes on you, boyo.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  I'm not Mexican nor do I find Mexican boxing more appealing than any other boxing.

I'm un unbiased student of the game, where i'm from is irrelevant.

My reply was clever, and hilarious. You only find it ****** because the jokes on you, boyo.

Ummm.....okay. You must have way too much time on your hands then to spend your energy on that kind of stuff and those kind of comments.

Have a good evening sir.

Comment

Working...
                  X