Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McGregor: Judging Was Very, Very Biased; I'm Shocked By Scoring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    He's basing his opinion on ring generalship, defense and aggression.

What he's missing is that
    • His aggression was ineffective. Just holding an arm out, touch jabbing, and blocked shots largely. He only landed like 3 good shots on Floyd the whole fight
    • His defense amounted only to his reach advantage. Once Floyd adjusted to the jabs, he was taking flush shots the remainder of the fight and had no head movement, no high guard, no body defense whatsoever, etc.
    • He thought keeping Floyd off him was controlling the pace of the fight when in reality, Floyd walking him down got over extremely well, as it meant that Floyd was really dictating the pace. Conor never had the power to keep Floyd off him even with 8oz gloves.
    3 point is what I find priceless. Throughout the fight, Mayweather had control of the centre of the ring, having Connor take 5 steps for every 1 step he took.

Funny that people always say running without realising it isn't that easy. Unless you can keep your opponent off of you and discourage them from stepping in, you're only going to burn up a lot of energy.

Comment

🙄 did this guy try coming in trying to rack up points in boxing? Why is he so worried about the judges. Could of sworn I heard him say, "I'll plant my front foot in the middle of the canvas. Smh A 40 year old man half the size of you was pushing you back?????

Comment

McGregor ''won'' the first 2 rounds.

I said ''won'' cause his punches were laughable, completely powerless, so much that I felt embarassed for him despite supporting Mayweather.

But at least he invented a new kind of punch today, aka the ''hammer'' punch.

Facepalm....

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          3 point is what I find priceless. Throughout the fight, Mayweather had control of the centre of the ring, having Connor take 5 steps for every 1 step he took.

Funny that people always say running without realising it isn't that easy. Unless you can keep your opponent off of you and discourage them from stepping in, you're only going to burn up a lot of energy.
          And when you're a Conor McGregor who is well documented as having stamina issues in the later rounds, there was only one outcome possible in this fight.

Which is why I said it was a predictable outcome.

Conor's performance was basically okay, he won three rounds, but people are overrating his performance. There was no real snap on anything he threw. It was more about Floyd proving he could take McGregor's punches and showing that McGregor's power was vastly overstated. That's why he was able to walk through them as he did.

Floyd Mayweather is a guy with brittle hands - DOCUMENTED brittle hands - and at nearly twice the age and 20lbs smaller, he pieced Conor McGregor up in a way no MMA opponent has ever done, in 8oz gloves. That's what people are missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            He won 3 and that was 3 more then anyone else predicted. Fat Dan said he wouldn't even win 1 minute let alone 1 round.
            Lol wow he won 2 more than expected.

Comment

Scorecards were at least 2 round off. I think Conor won 3 clear rounds..

Comment

Connor, have you already said "thank you" to the referee for saving your career and sparing you a retirement droolilng on a chair? you should, man, because you dont have permanent brain damage thanks to him. Be a good boy and say him "thank you".

Comment

Yep thats boxing for you, if it wasnt for Floyd paying off USADA and the Vegas judges he would have a couple losses already.

Corruption rules the sport, one of the main reasons people are moving over to MMA.

Comment

Conor ran and hugged all night. No one said anything though. Also it looked like Floyd was fighting a super middleweight. The size different was very noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                      I have to agree. Conor was piling up points. He was keeping Floyd at bay for most of the rounds.

The fact that the score cards were like that. The fix was in. Conor needed a KO to win. Vegas wont let their golden giose lose in thier turf.
                      Irrelevant right now,he got tko.

Comment

Working...
                      X