Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macklin: "When I Look Back I Can't Believe I Was Convinced Hatton Would Beat Floyd!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macklin: "When I Look Back I Can't Believe I Was Convinced Hatton Would Beat Floyd!"

Matthew Macklin shines some light on his thought processes while he was in training camp with Ricky Hatton for the Mayweather fight. He was convinced Ricky would beat Floyd Mayweather.

@2:45
    "I was in camp with Ricky Hatton, magnified his strengths and looked past Floyd's strengths. I was so convinced he'd shock the world that I put money on him. Emotions blind us. 1 year after that fight I looked back and said to myself 'what was i thinking?'

That's gonna be you one day when you look back at Khan

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
      That's gonna be you one day when you look back at Khan
      You said Spence nearly got beat by a one eyed man?

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        You said Spence nearly got beat by a one eyed man?
        Not sure what fight you were watching? lol

Comment

I think a lot of people get emotional when the name is Mayweather, I clearly remember the Hatton build up. I told everyone that would listen that Hatton would get stopped. They criticised me at that boxing website (Boxing banter) that i use to use at the time. I tried explaining but the logic wasn't there for most of the posters there because they only see Hate for one and love for the other. The come down was so bad after Hatton lost, he even told people to put money on him and put there mortgage on him. I have never let emotions, favouritism, nationality, a boxers annoying fans etc get to me when i look at a fight and how i thought it would go, I remember arguing with a Cotto fanatic before the first Margarito fight, i said the fight was 50-50 and that i could see Margarito winning. I was abused and derided for it, the poster was a puerto rican himself and ridicule me for me, after Margarito won he disappeared for months.

Comment

Maybe the cocaine had something to do with it.

Comment

Maybe being bias or just the hate they all have for Floyd.

Comment

Most brits thought the same in the build up to that fight, emotion got the better of us, this **** happens when it comes to our own fighters. ****, i remember having the same confident feeling that John Murray would go over to the states and shock Brandon Rios and look how that turned out......Rios basically retired him. I have a similar feeling when looking back on that.

Comment

anyone who thought hatton would beat floyd or manny is a fool. i never understand why hatton was held to such a high standard.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                    Maybe being bias or just the hate they all have for Floyd.
                    a lot also picked hatton to beat manny so...?

Comment

Working...
                    X