Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Gatti | The ref says "don't punch", Floyd pnches three times and gets a KD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piper the Great View Post
    Ref shouldn't have called it a KD if he said stop punching
    Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
    Ref should of stepped between then and shouted STOP clearly, instead he said "stop punching" from about 6 feet away and didn't step in.

Exactly.

Floyd did it to Gatti and Ortiz. Impressive win? Not.

Comment

I dunno about the ref having to jump in and break them, one of the complaints nowadays is that the refs are too involved causing disruption to fighters momentum.

The ref fuked up, he said stopped punching because floyd had gatti pinned with his elbow and floyd still wacked him while having him pinned, an illegal move and he should have warned floyd.

Comment

Loved this fight

Comment

Ref definitely fudged up there

He probably figured whatever, Gatti's corner about to throw the towel in anyway

Comment

Great topic, I completely forgot about that. Terrible refereeing and Floyd took took advantage.

Ignoring that it was a sublime performance by Floyd though.

Comment

incompetent refereeing, bad refs are everywhere in boxing

jack reiss is the best ref and theres some good refs who officiate some lower level fights

but some of the refs who always get the nods for big fights shouldnt be doing so

lot of these refs are overwhelmed by the event and scared to enforce the rules

Comment

As one of mayweather biggiest fan if not the biggiest on this forum I gotta admit this ref reffering was and always is disgusting.,

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                  And the face of the ref looking at Gatti like.. "sorry son, I have to protect him or I'll be back on welfare".
                  One day you'll understand the rules of boxing I guess. If there's no "stop" instruction, it's protect yourself at all times.

Comment

was a very competitive fight till that happened wasn't it? gtfo here with that sh**...gatti was a human punching bag nothing else..no fkn boxing skills.. no defense..no footwork..nothing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                      One day you'll understand the rules of boxing I guess. If there's no "stop" instruction, it's protect yourself at all times.
                      "Obey my commands at all times".

Fool.

I gave you your instructions in the dressing room.
                      Remember protect yourself at all times and above all
                      Obey my command at all times.
                      Forget if Floyd didn't obey. How the **** can he call that a KD after he just told the fighters to stop punching? not only he does not warn Floyd for punching, he scores a KD.
                      Last edited by _Maxi; 08-25-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X