No announcement yet.

cotto fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cotto fight

I'm a huge cotto fan to start off with. I'm shocked that hbo went with the date they did when the mayweather fight was announced. I will have both on with 2 TV's going. My nephew asked if cotto fight would be on at the sametime as the mayweather fight. I told him I would be shocked if hbo was that dumb. I believe it will be on during the tank fight. Just feel bad cause a boxing hall of famer has 2 fights left if his fans are lucky and this one is just going by the waste side. I think hbo should have moved it. How are ticket sales going anyone know just curious

I hear you. I'm going to be at a friends house who is going to online stream the Mayweather fight for free through a projector to a screen on the wall. Next to that screen will be a TV showing the Cotto-Kamegai fight on HBO. So we'll all be watching both fights for free as well as the Canelo-Golovkin 24/7 after the Cotto fight.

We're only paying for food and drink. Lol

I'm not sure about the ticket sales, I haven't heard anything, I was wondering the same. Some other friends of mine are going to the fight at Stub Hub.

I think the HBO ratings will be anywhere from decent to good for the Cotto fight. I also think tickets will be sold out. It's a much more economical ticket price. Fights usually always sell out in Southern Cal as long as they are economical and the fight has some action type fighters. Stub Hub usually always does well, Cotto-Kamegai is no exception.

But yeah if anyone knows of ticket sale numbers, please share.
    Last edited by True That; 08-17-2017, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Yea I think its a dumb move by HBO. Can't see this doing good ratings. The Rios vs Vargas fight is actually a really good fight & I'll try to watch that if a boring fight is on the Floyd vs Conor undercard.

Guess dates are limited doe cuz its a typical problem in that there is overlap between shows so HBO might not have had a choice except cancel the card & push back Cotto + Rios vs Vargas back several months.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Yea I think its a dumb move by HBO. Can't see this doing good ratings, but since its on the whole other side of the US I suspect they'll move tickets for the show. The Rios vs Vargas fight is actually a really good fight & I'll try to watch that if a boring fight is on the Floyd vs Conor undercard.

Guess dates are limited doe cuz its a typical problem in that there is overlap between shows so HBO might not have had a choice except cancel the card & push back Cotto + Rios vs Vargas back several months.

If they could have switched it to September 2nd that would have been ideal, but oh well, it is what it is.

Lol, I look at the positive. I'll have more fights to watch the same night and the Canlelo-Golovkin 24/7. Plenty of entertainment for the night of August 26th, Lol.

Comment

yeah that's what I keep telling everybody that is coming over to my house......... tons of fights on, be playing beer pong too wife just loves that lol. but as the slogan says SATURDAY IS FOR THE BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

HBO wasnt dumb. The fight was set and announced before the Floyd fight was announced. Floyd and his vendetta against hbo and golden boy set his fight on the Cotto night. Cotto doesn't give a damn and apparently hbo doesn't either. The fight will air at 9 pm or so so the Floyd fight will be over by then. Then the real boxing fans will switch over to hbo and watch Cotto. No harm no foul.

Comment

i'll have side by side TV's going in my living room

Comment

Working...
              X