No announcement yet.

Connor says the boxing community is close minded, he has a point

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connor says the boxing community is close minded, he has a point

He feels discarded by the community and that's just downright unfair. He's paid his dues he's built up his name and for so called fans to turn on him is a disgrace. How are new fighters supposed to be attracted to this sport if the community shuns them. Here is the article.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/conor...ed-canelo-ggg/

i like conor but he needs to stfu, he is getting his biggest pay day thanks to boxing. he can keep his thoughts for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
      He feels discarded by the community and that's just downright unfair. He's paid his dues he's built up his name and for so called fans to turn on him is a disgrace. How are new fighters supposed to be attracted to this sport if the community shuns them. Here is the article.

he has not paid his dues in boxing

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post

He has not paid his dues in boxing. There are alot of other boxers that deserve this opportunity who work hard and they arent getting this chance. Also why should we respect him or welcome him with open arms when hes continuously disrespected our sport and our boxers.

Comment

In fairness it seems like Conor has double crossed two boxers already & he's got 2 more guys (Berto & Stevie Forbes) who seemed to have not wanted to go to his camp to help him cuz of how he did those other two guys. So people are gonna be wary of you when you f#ck people over & rightfully so.

That said I do agree boxing fans are pretty closed minded & I think this Conor thing brings up a legit question to boxing by asking is boxing "figured out" or can a guy from outside boxing add something to the sport that most boxing fans are too close to boxing to appreciate currently? Idk the answer to that, but I'm not confident enough to suggest boxing is fully figured out yet either & I think when new things come to boxing it'll be outside the box thinkers within boxing that people laugh at or people outside the sport by people no one respects.

Comment

I'd beg to differ that we are open minded. Our issues are that you tried to marginalize Boxing because you compete in MMA. When the idea should be that MMA exists so that people who are talented at striking with BOTH hands and feet, adept at take-downs and proficient at wrestling are all fighting to show you which style they are greatest at, can reign supreme. Instead you went down the wrong rabbit hole.

Dissing Floyd was fine. I enjoyed the back and forth. Clowning on Paulie is okay, even though i doubt he washed him in sparring like insisted. The issues lie in where you make boxing sound like its limited in comparison, when its only limit is in how participants can win. Conor himself is a fighter who wins one way. Which is by KO or TKO via punching. Yet when we see him in the octagon you can see he's not the most adept at punching to begin with.

All in all, his idea of it being closed minded while ignoring that he blatantly took shots at the sport is stupid.

Comment

Randomly I also think Barry McGuigan offered to help Conor out, but Conor never took him up on the offer.

Comment

no, this is boxing
                -doorman GGG to conor who is trying to enter a boxers only party

Comment

Originally posted by Bravado View Post
                  I'd beg to differ that we are open minded.
                  Most boxing fans seem closed minded to me. There are outliers. I consider myself one of them. But there are a ton of people who say "this" is "this" cuz I say its "this" & its always been "this" & can't engage in any logical debate about "this" whatever "this" happens to be lol.

I mean I see mfers arguing FOR the 4 abc world champions like its a good thing. I see cats arguing against instant replay. There are a ton of other things a good portion if not the majority of fans support that are just dumb & hurts the sport of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Most boxing fans seem closed minded to me. There are outliers. I consider myself one of them. But there are a ton of people who say "this" is "this" cuz I say its "this" & its always been "this" & can't engage in any logical debate about "this" whatever "this" happens to be lol.

I mean I see mfers arguing FOR the 4 abc world champions like its a good thing. I see cats arguing against instant replay. There are a ton of other things a good portion if not the majority of fans support that are just dumb & hurts the sport of boxing.
                    i believe conors experience in the ufc might help him also inside a boxing ring tbh. he is getting kicked to the head, taking punches with 4oz gloves to the head etc. and he is their best striker. if anyone has a chance vs mayweather from the ufc then its him, we will see in just 9 days

Comment

Working...
                    X