Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo talks retirement, lol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After GGG, Saunders, than Zurdo in Mexico. Then retirement.

Comment

First monster payday? He gave Chavez Jr. a token percentage and flat fee and the fight did over a million PPV buys. He may not make as much in this fight as he had to pay BBB side more than his average opponent. Although BBB sides team made sure the contract terms weren't released so we don't know how much they got or didn't get.

Comment

If anything he should follow the floyd gameplan and retire let jacobs and charlo and ggg fight each other and comeback when theres no real boogeyman

Comment

Canelo is Canelo with or without Golovkin. That is a FACT.

Golovkin needs Canelo, not the other way around.

Canelo has the biggest following in boxing after Floyd Mayweather. That is a FACT. (Maybe the arguement can be made for Pacquiao but at this point...)

My point is, anything Canelo related people try to attach Golovkin to it. Canelo is his own man, a superstar, the immediate future of the sport in terms of attraction.

I'm not saying that beating Golovkin doesn't improve Canelo's status and possibly his following too, I'm just saying people spew nonsense about Golovkin as if he REALLY impacts the perception of Canelo in the eyes of the people who actually buy ppv's, which are the casuals. Casuals don't even know who the **** Golovkin is until he became Canelo's opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
            Exactly. Fighters should be commended for taking tough 50/50 fights. This is what the sport needs and I would never criticise them. A loss at elite level is not the end.
            Say he loses to GGG, what would he be, 49-2-1? Still an amazing record and he will still get big fights based on the fact he fought GGG. Same goes for GGG if he loses to Canelo. Maybe its just this site but people write fighters off after a loss too many times, only happens in boxing. Even Gabe Rosado still gets fights lol

Some of the best fighters in the sport have lost. Hearns, Hagler, Leonard, Ali, Robinson, Lennox.

Sometimes its not your night

Comment

And i CAN see Canelo retiring early. He has earned a decent amount of money and has had a lot of fights already at a young age. Another few big fights and maybe he does retire. He doesnt owe anybody anything and who knows, maybe he feels some wear and tear on his body? Nobody knows but him

Comment

Originally posted by NYG View Post
                And i CAN see Canelo retiring early. He has earned a decent amount of money and has had a lot of fights already at a young age. Another few big fights and maybe he does retire. He doesnt owe anybody anything and who knows, maybe he feels some wear and tear on his body? Nobody knows but him
                Not to mention the fact that he turned pro 5 years before most boxers do.

Comment

Working...
                X