Collapse
No announcement yet.

67.5 million fine if Conor with illegal blow that causes DQ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He won't kick but I'm curious to see how elbows are handled...Floyd likes to use forearms and elbows and never gets fouled for it. Conor should be given the same pass if Floyd elbows 1st (and I'm not talking about MMA style elbows that cut...I'm talking about Mayweather style elbows).

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
      He will have to deside what is more important..MONEY.........or INTEGRITY
      If anyone had integrity then this fight wouldn't happen. You can throw the whole integrity thing out the window.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post

That's what I mean...I hope I'm wrong but somehow I think if Mayweather does this it won't be cause for concern but if McGregor does it back he will get cautioned or a point deduction.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyPhlash View Post
            Since this is just for fun and it's pure speculation anyway, I'll go ahead and play Devil's advocate for a second.

I love all the guys you mentioned no ****. None of them are as big around the world as Conor is right now. None of them are guaranteed to get to that level in the future.

As much as it may hurt me to say this, as a boxing fan and not an MMA fan, Conor appears to be unique in his popularity.

All of Europe is going to watch. Brazil and most of South America is going to watch. We're all going to watch.

If Conor pulls off the miracle and beats Mayweather and solves the MayVinci Code, he is instantly the biggest sporting star on earth. He would only be rivaled by those soccer dudes Ronaldo, whatever.

Vegas would have instant cash cow for years because he's only 29.

It makes too much business sense. As always, I respect your opinion.
            The premise of the conversation was based on Conor being talked into headkicking Floyd and taking the L.

And, we still don't know if Conor can even box anywhere near a top pro level.

If Conor shows up, shoots Floyd a fair one, and ends up winning the fight, he instantly becomes the biggest star in boxing, without question.

I just don't see that happening off a blatant DQ, especially if it looks like he can't even box

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              He doesn't even have to pay the fine...

What happens when he doesn't pay fine., he won't be allowed to box in Nevada again... like that matters to Conor
              The Nevada State Athletic Commission sanctions both boxing and MMA, and the major commissions (NV, NY, CA, TX, NJ, etc) generally accept each other's punishments.

If he doesn't settle whatever that would come from the NSAC, Conor would be left fighting on Indian territory or in Ireland (I have doubts that the British Boxing Board of Control would go against a suspension for direct athletic misconduct either).

Ireland is likely a nice enough country, but I doubt that the money coming from the gate and PPV for a 3am local time fight would compare to anything that he picked up on either Diaz fight or in New York.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                The Nevada State Athletic Commission sanctions both boxing and MMA, and the major commissions (NV, NY, CA, TX, NJ, etc) generally accept each other's punishments.

If he doesn't settle whatever that would come from the NSAC, Conor would be left fighting on Indian territory or in Ireland (I have doubts that the British Boxing Board of Control would go against a suspension for direct athletic misconduct either).

Ireland is likely a nice enough country, but I doubt that the money coming from the gate and PPV for a 3am local time fight would compare to anything that he picked up on either Diaz fight or in New York.

Or he walks away, and retires young with a newborn and 100+ million in the bank..

And 2 years down the road, Conor's comeback will be the biggest event possible, and powers that he will find a way to get him sanctioned.. Conor draws way too much money, outside of Floyd, he is the biggest draw of his era..

Tyson bit an ear off, and was back a year later, just because he was the biggest draw, and money talks.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                  He won't kick but I'm curious to see how elbows are handled...Floyd likes to use forearms and elbows and never gets fouled for it. Conor should be given the same pass if Floyd elbows 1st (and I'm not talking about MMA style elbows that cut...I'm talking about Mayweather style elbows).
                  ^^^this is better thinking (though, generally speaking, Floyd uses his elbows/forearms to create space to punch).

Dirty boxing is a real thing, and bringing a boxing mind into the camp could've helped Conor look for those grey areas.

Elbows to the head are something that any experienced ref will see and penalize, but there's a lot of things in the clinch that even experienced ref miss (only way I see Conor even sneaking in an elbow would be if Floyd is coming to him and he's engaging on a clinch).

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post

Not having a gif hurts, but I'd bet that every one of those instances happened when the opponent was coming in on Floyd, and Floyd was holding his ground in his shell.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      Or he walks away, and retires young with a newborn and 100+ million in the bank..

And 2 years down the road, Conor's comeback will be the biggest event possible, and powers that he will find a way to get him sanctioned.. Conor draws way too much money, outside of Floyd, he is the biggest draw of his era..

Tyson bit an ear off, and was back a year later, just because he was the biggest draw, and money talks.
                      He's not going to see hardly any of that money, especially after Floyd and Co take McGregor to civil court and sue him for every penny he's ever earned.

You're a fool if you think Mayweather Promotions is going to pay out McGregor his full purse and just let him walk for deliberately spoiling the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X