Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far back can you trace your interest in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
    Tito is one of my favorite fighters. He just happened to be part of two of the more significant bouts of a particular era. Chill, buddy.

It was all in a joking gesture, Tranquilo bro, Tranquilo.

Tito is one of my favs, not my favorite but one of my favs. Thought you didn't like him which is cool too if you that was the case, everyone has their prefence of fighters. Was just asking in a joking way. I'm not one of those crazy psycho fan boys of this forum, Lol.

Comment

Drederick Tatum vs Homer Simpson. I was probably 5-7 and asked my parents to let me start boxing. They did not go for it. Remember sitting in a Mexican hotel lobby where Tyson vs Holyfield was on and my mom asked some employee to change the channel. Friends became big UFC fans back in 07 but I liked the striking aspect and started watching boxing. Wanna say the first fight I watched live was Codington vs Bika on the Contender while I was at the gym. JMM vs PAC 2 was the first I actually made a point of watching. Been a fan ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
        How far back can you trace your interest in boxing? And what are some of your earliest memories?

For me some of my earliest memories include Frank Bruno vs. Lennox Lewis (1st October 1993) and Nigel Benn vs. Chris Eubank II (9th October 1993). I was almost 7 years old when these two took place. I also remember watching Prince Naseem's rise. I used to beg my dad to let me stay up and watch live. Otherwise he'd record them and I'd watch them first thing the next morning.
        70's. Wide world of sports channel 7. Had sports illustrated pics of Ali. 76 Olympic team

Comment

Pacquiao/Morales 1 was the first boxing match I ever watched. Been a fan ever since.

Comment

The first boxing match I can remember seeing was going with my dad to see the travesty that was Berbick-Ali in 1981, on closed circuit, at the Princess Theater.

Comment

After hearing about Conor fighting Flo Mayrodder or something like that.

Comment

2008 or something like that.

I liked ODLH but Pacquiao is what turned me from a casual to a hardcore fan.

Comment

Hopkins Eastman because a replay of it appeared on tv in uk during the day the following day. I became intrguied at Hopkins' run then made an account on boxingscene for the Taylor fight .

Comment

I grew in a family that followed all sports including boxing. Whenever there was a big event people came over and we all gathered around the radio.

Comment

I grew up with the sport of boxing. My uncle won Golden Gloves Light Heavyweight twice. I was around for all of Ali's fights. I was into boxing during the Duran, Sugar Ray Leonard, Hearns, Hagler era as well as all of Tyson. Saw Pinklon Thomas and Holyfield fight live. And of course for all the Morales, Barrera, Prince Haseem etc contingent. Oh and I actually met Mike Tyson. We talked about his fight with Michael Spinks. I told him I watched him knock Spinks out in 45 seconds. Mike said "it was 30 seconds." I wasn't going to argue with him. Damn I'm old

Comment

Working...
                      X