No announcement yet.

To be fair to Paulie...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be fair to Paulie...

This thread is not to hug Paulie's nuts. In those two clips released by Dana White, he got tagged quite well. But it was a 12 round sparring, and all we got 15 seconds of footage, but that is discussion for another thread...

What I wanted to address, was the helmets worn by both Conor and Paulie during their sparring session.

Paulie was wearing an open helmet, leaving pretty much all of his face open:

Conor on the other hand was wearing a much more protective helmet, that covered his chin and cheeks:

Here is a better angle, it's not with Paulie, but it's the same type of helmet:

I know that McGregor is wearing extra protection because he is getting ready for a huge fight and it's to prevent any major injury that would put in peril his performance on August 26th.

But nevertheless, Conor had a much better protection, and Paulie, who was never a hard hitter, was even more limited to the damage that he could do.

So to keep everything fair and in perspective, keep that in mind.

If you really want to be fair to Paulie then you should point out that he was overweight, out of shape and didn't have his timing back.

It takes time to find the groove - for anyone. I used to watch Manny early in his camps wiff away on the double end bag at Wildcard like a guy who had never boxed before when he would do his morning warmups.

Paulie looked like he was pregnant in that sparring footage. Conor McGregor and his team only succeeded in creating a smokescreen for themselves if they think this was helpful to them.

Comment

The thing is Paulie himself said he lost the majority of the sparring rounds because he's so out of shape. Paulie himself said that.

Then he said he came back for two rounds and McGregor got so frustrated that he shoved him on the ground and had his people snap photos.

So... Paulie got pooped on no matter how we spin it.

Still not giving McGregor a chance in the fight though. Paulie is the shell of a fighter who wasn't good to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
        The thing is Paulie himself said he lost the majority of the sparring rounds because he's so out of shape. Paulie himself said that.

Then he said he came back for two rounds and McGregor got so frustrated that he shoved him on the ground and had his people snap photos.

So... Paulie got pooped on no matter how we spin it.

Still not giving McGregor a chance in the fight though. Paulie is the shell of a fighter who wasn't good to begin with.
        When did he say that? I've heard him make it sound close without disclosing much previously, but since then when he buttf#cked the NDA he's said he won 10-2 the second sparring session.

Randomly did Paulie legit sign a NDA cuz pay received or not I'd think this would be some suable sh^t if McGregor chose to sue him at this point with the stuff Paulie has said. I mean even some of the sh^t brought up early on seems like a problem for him if he legit signed a NDA.

Comment

Paulie has no defence here. I saw the interviews he gave where he said he whooped Conor's ass and gave him a beating. I wouldn't believe anything the guy says from now on.

It's funny though because of all the so-called knowledgeable boxing fans on here saying the knockdown never happened.

Comment

Uhh, no he didn't. You're altering his words and I fcuking hate that. Get the quotes right and if you don't know them go find them.
            Last edited by McNulty; 08-12-2017, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Paulie could be near his prime and get beaten up by McGregor in sparring and it still wouldn't mean he has a chance of beating Floyd.

Comment

lol he didnt say that at all.. take the sand out of your ears boy

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                  Uhh, no he didn't. You're altering his words and I fcuking hate that. Get the quotes right and if you don't know them go find them.

Thank you!
                  I don't pay attention to the quotes reported her on boxingscene. I listened to the full interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxHwuVq2GMc

Here's Paulie saying McGregor "got the better" of their first sparring session and "won rounds" because Malignaggi's conditioning isn't there anymore.

Goes on to describe the second session:

McGregor "landed good shots" for the half of the fight. Malignaggi "started to take over" in round 6.

In round 8 or 9 Conor was having his "worst moment" and Paulie was "taking it to him" and he shoved Paulie to the ground to stop the beating (we see from the clip this was a lie).

Round 10: Paulie is "spent".

So according to Paulie that round where he fell on the floor was his best round/best moment of all the sparring they did?

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
                    lol he didnt say that at all.. take the sand out of your ears boy
                    Listen to interviews instead of reading clickbait headlines keyshawntay. He admits he wasn't in shape and Conor won the majority of both sparring sessions.

Comment

Working...
                    X