No announcement yet.

Andre Berto Considers MMA Switch To Become Dual Combat Sport Champ! [VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
    The mileage from a boxing kat to an MMA bout, especially where one has a significant bg in wrestling, would do well. I say Alvarado would do good in the UFC
    Has he sparred in the cage at all? He's 37. Thats old for a guy to be jumping in the cage.

A lot of these transitions to other sports would be about muscle memory learned over years of training that MMA guys will be lacking the ring & boxers would be lacking in the cage & would likely highly limited the level they could reach in a similar, but new sport.

Comment

he's making more in boxing than he will ever make in mma. no point to switch over.

Comment

Dont know how his other family members how fared in MMA but only time I have seen Berto in MMA was when Yves Edward knocked out his brother with this flying knee

That being said, I think it would be interesting to see him (Andre) in MMA, although I wonder if he could improve his grappling enough

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
          The mileage from a boxing kat to an MMA bout, especially where one has a significant bg in wrestling, would do well. I say Alvarado would do good in the UFC
          Hed at least be able to become a Bellator champ for sure. Alvarado was a State wrestling champ in Colorado and they take wrestling super serious in New Mexico and Colorado...

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Has he sparred in the cage at all? He's 37. Thats old for a guy to be jumping in the cage.

A lot of these transitions to other sports would be about muscle memory learned over years of training that MMA guys will be lacking the ring & boxers would be lacking in the cage & would likely highly limited the level they could reach in a similar, but new sport.
            Well to just jump into a cage at 37 is old but I see more longevity in MMArtists than in boxers.

Comment

I'd take that bet all day. Berto is in old boxer land with turning 34 in less then a month. Conor has only been taken to a decision twice as a pro & one of those guys was Max Holloway. Dude is tricky & a problem. Berto is old & was never THAT good in the first place.
              I like Halloway, he won me over beating Swansons ass but punch for punch he is no match for Berto. Berto aint all that be he can crack. Would be a fun fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                Well to just jump into a cage at 37 is old but I see more longevity in MMArtists than in boxers.
                Idk about that. With lil to no opponent selection at play you tend to get matched up rougher in the UFC & you see a much leaner number of 35+ guys participating, participating at higher levels & holding belts then in boxing more often then not..

Comment

So this guy wants to be a human punching bag in two sports now. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    I like Halloway, he won me over beating Swansons ass but punch for punch he is no match for Berto. Berto aint all that be he can crack. Would be a fun fight though.
                    Punch for punch? Well of course Holloway isn't gonna box a dude in the cage. Why would he or anyone do that? I'm saying boxing, but other sh^t. I don't even know if Berto can hang with low level dudes.

Berto going into MMA is like Conor going into boxing if Conor sucked more at MMA.

Comment

He'd never pass a drug test. I think he's got miles on him past his age too. He should stick to boxing & shooting up or whatever he's doing in between fights.

Chris would be interesting to see what he can do in MMA. Not sure if he's got any BJJ or wrestling in his wheelhouse or not, but these days with all the standing I think a guy like Chris could probably just keep it standing unless he got in with a strong wrestler or BJJ guy who'd just wrestlef#ck or submit him.
                      I think Alvarado said he’s sober now. For years he was a coked out alcoholic reeking havoc in Denver though.

Comment

Working...
                      X