Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What meaningful fights are left for Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    None. He should retire right now.
    Dammit . Got in here too late . U beat me to it .

Comment

Bellew for a belt or retire, Nothing left to prove.
      Last edited by GodLike; 08-10-2017, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        Hearn said something on his last IFL interview that lit up Twitter with people thinking he was referring to Bellew/Ward being done. Ward said that it would have to be for a title at that weight, but if the WBC put up a Diamond belt and the winner gets the winner of the competition could see him going for it.

Its at 11:00, cant think what else he could be reffering to tbh

Sounds like it to me. Plus he said Bellew is set for a PPV fight this year. If it's not a Haye rematch, and he's not landed a HW title fight like he wanted, then i can only assume it's Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
          The only 2 I can think of are against Stevenson & a fight against Bellew at Cruiserweight or Heavyweight. The Cruiserweight division is pretty weak in terms of name recognition & Ward wouldn't be able to beat a guy as physically big as Joshua at heavyweight. The GGG fight highly likely won't happen even if he does beat Canelo. They would need to do some sort of catchweight of like 170 pounds for there to be any real possibility of it happening. So is there any other meaningful fights that Ward can have at this point? I think he has maybe 3 or 4 more fights left before he retires since there's not many more guys that he can fight.
          Good question but lil g won't fight Ward regardless of weight. He don't want none. He'll end up worse than kovalev.

Comment

Stevenson, gvozdyk, Alvarez and Beterbiev would be great fights. Cleaning out a division as talented as current lhw would be very impressive.

Going to cw would be more dangerous and less impressive to me. He's gonna be significantly smaller than the cws, and he'll have to cherry pick less skilled big guys in order to have a chance at winning.

Fighting best guys his own size impresses me more.

Comment

Fight someone of Klitschkos caliber. We're in the age of holding people accountable of what they/their trainer says, so make him fight a top cruiser then fight a top heavy

Comment

There's 3 or 4 175lbers I wouldn't mind seeing Ward against. Beterbiev being the most interesting to me & Stevenson is he's willing to take a fight finally. Obviously a CW or HW run could be very meaningful to his legacy.

Comment

Usyk vs Ward would be great, but Usykhas a top fight already

Comment

Adonis Stevenson, and then a venture into the heavyweight division.

Comment

Stevenson and GGG

Comment

Working...
                      X