No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Apologetic After Partying Photos, Blames Wife

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
    Even though it wasn't his weight class, I think that KO affected his ego more than we think. He never gave Canleo credit and blamed it on a "Monster punch" which would have knocked out anybody. Khan also had the nerve to say he was outboxing Canelo before the KO which is demonstrably false as Canelo had him figured out after round 2 .

The KO happened due to Canelo outboxing him not in spite of it. In all his other fights he could fall back on the "winning before I lost excuse" but he knew deep down that Canelo had him beat after round 2.

This shattered Khan's delusions about never being outboxed before and it's been hurting him since.
    Not true. Only hardcore Canelo fans and hardcore Khan haters would say Khan wasn't outboxing Canelo. He was.

I'll say this though it's one thing to outbox someone but it's a completely different thing to outwit someone. Canelo let that **** show go on for a while biding his time, setting his traps and waiting for that moment where he would feint to the body and knock the living soul out of Khan.

Timing beats speed. Precision beats power. Boxing IQ beats raw talent.

Khan just doesn't have the boxing IQ, the chin or even the patience to hang with the elites. His raw talent will always be just that. Pretty much like AB. A bit late to change anything either. Needs to fight a couple of names and retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Didymus View Post
      Not true. Only hardcore Canelo fans and hardcore Khan haters would say Khan wasn't outboxing Canelo. He was.

I'll say this though it's one thing to outbox someone but it's a completely different thing to outwit someone. Canelo let that **** show go on for a while biding his time, setting his traps and waiting for that moment where he would feint to the body and knock the living soul out of Khan.

Timing beats speed. Precision beats power. Boxing IQ beats raw talent.

Khan just doesn't have the boxing IQ, the chin or even the patience to hang with the elites. His raw talent will always be just that. Pretty much like AB. A bit late to change anything either. Needs to fight a couple of names and retire.
      Khan won the first three rounds .By round four Canelo was closing the range and looking the boss .By round five Khan was cut hurt and on the back foot and looking desperate as he realised (as he said himself )his punchers had no impact .Round six Virgil was willing him desperately trying to give him lost confidence by shouting you can do it.Just like Micky Duff shouted at John Mugabi when Hagler was hammering him......Then bang Khan is caught hands down day dreaming and then just dreaming.

Who would you suggest he fight?

Just to give the 'hardcore ' Khan haters a break .It's so difficult to like Khan on any level as a boxer he is totally deluded as to his station and as a human being his behaviour is appalling .So I think like myself people have a right to dislike him.He's certainly no role model .

I enjoy your posts you have an interesting insight.

Comment

Khan was boxing canelo beforehand he got KOed. I feel sorry for him. Hi sunshine wife his drain him of every penny. First his family robbed from him aswell

Comment

Some jack daniels on the rocks ..... Willie Nelson "to all the girls I loved before" playing on the stereo and he will be alright

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
            Khan won the first three rounds .By round four Canelo was closing the range and looking the boss .By round five Khan was cut hurt and on the back foot and looking desperate as he realised (as he said himself )his punchers had no impact .Round six Virgil was willing him desperately trying to give him lost confidence by shouting you can do it.Just like Micky Duff shouted at John Mugabi when Hagler was hammering him......Then bang Khan is caught hands down day dreaming and then just dreaming.

Who would you suggest he fight?

Just to give the 'hardcore ' Khan haters a break .It's so difficult to like Khan on any level as a boxer he is totally deluded as to his station and as a human being his behaviour is appalling .So I think like myself people have a right to dislike him.He's certainly no role model .

I enjoy your posts you have an interesting insight.
            I don't like Khan. At all. I don't like Brook. At all.

These two have been conning the public for far too long. One made a living off being the sole Olympic boxer to go and come back with a Silver then a good win against Maidana. The other spent 12 years plodding away at certified bums at the same weight without ever moving up (bar a career destroying cash grab) building THE worst record I've ever seen living off a debatable win against a bum rushing wind-milling midget.

One can claim he fought the better names and better boxers. Rightly so. The other can claim he exposed Golovkin and suggest he had no power even though he caved his orbital in and put him on the verge of a devastating knockout.

Who do I suggest Khan fights? The toughest fights possible. I don't want him to have any free passes at all.

Mentioned this before but what is the point in someone like a Broner who he will just completely outbox easily?

If I'm being cruel I want Crawford vs Khan. We all know Khan will very likely be knocked out against Porter, Thurman, Spence and Brook. It would be nice to see someone completely outbox him for 12 rounds but not knock him out cold just so he can't use that excuse "I was winning until I got caught" bollocks.

Khan is known for winning rounds. Take that away from him and he's ran out of all excuses to not fight Brook and finally exposes himself to the casuals as a one trick pony with very little boxing IQ.

If I'm being nice the kid needs to avenge at least one loss before he even deserves a big money fight. Either Peterson or DSG would do.

Three fights with the first being a decent tune-up and then he should hang them up.

Khan and Brook truly deserve each other. The perfect couple. Brook will win that fight not because he's a better boxer or because he has a better chin. Simply because of the weight.

The stick insect started at lightweight. The quitter started at welterweight and just recently announced a move to 154. The bigger man will eat the powder puff shots and land his own then that will be all she wrote. The way Brook has desperately called out Khan as a Welterweight knowing he was a Lightweight at the time was a sign that he wants to bully his way into an easy win, easy payday and easy reputation enhancer for the casuals. Pretty much what he's been doing all his career.

After that they should either both go on one of Kell Brooks flamboyant and suspect holidays in Spain or both should hug it out in Dubai then Tweet/Insta/FB/SnapChat all about it as Khan likes to do. Maybe they'll end up Skyping who knows?

Comment

did she make you pull our your pencil thin dick on snapchat a few years back?

and do you blame her for your **** chin and the whoopings you've taken at the hands of better fighters?

i get the biggest kick in the world out of brits talking about khan's talent. "he's a better fighter than garcia, the first 1.5 rounds proved that! forget that he got timed and stopped by legal punches, he's better!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Didymus View Post
                I don't like Khan. At all. I don't like Brook. At all.

These two have been conning the public for far too long. One made a living off being the sole Olympic boxer to go and come back with a Silver then a good win against Maidana. The other spent 12 years plodding away at certified bums at the same weight without ever moving up (bar a career destroying cash grab) building THE worst record I've ever seen living off a debatable win against a bum rushing wind-milling midget.

One can claim he fought the better names and better boxers. Rightly so. The other can claim he exposed Golovkin and suggest he had no power even though he caved his orbital in and put him on the verge of a devastating knockout.

Who do I suggest Khan fights? The toughest fights possible. I don't want him to have any free passes at all.

Mentioned this before but what is the point in someone like a Broner who he will just completely outbox easily?

If I'm being cruel I want Crawford vs Khan. We all know Khan will very likely be knocked out against Porter, Thurman, Spence and Brook. It would be nice to see someone completely outbox him for 12 rounds but not knock him out cold just so he can't use that excuse "I was winning until I got caught" bollocks.

Khan is known for winning rounds. Take that away from him and he's ran out of all excuses to not fight Brook and finally exposes himself to the casuals as a one trick pony with very little boxing IQ.

If I'm being nice the kid needs to avenge at least one loss before he even deserves a big money fight. Either Peterson or DSG would do.

Three fights with the first being a decent tune-up and then he should hang them up.

Khan and Brook truly deserve each other. The perfect couple. Brook will win that fight not because he's a better boxer or because he has a better chin. Simply because of the weight.

The stick insect started at lightweight. The quitter started at welterweight and just recently announced a move to 154. The bigger man will eat the powder puff shots and land his own then that will be all she wrote. The way Brook has desperately called out Khan as a Welterweight knowing he was a Lightweight at the time was a sign that he wants to bully his way into an easy win, easy payday and easy reputation enhancer for the casuals. Pretty much what he's been doing all his career.

After that they should either both go on one of Kell Brooks flamboyant and suspect holidays in Spain or both should hug it out in Dubai then Tweet/Insta/FB/SnapChat all about it as Khan likes to do. Maybe they'll end up Skyping who knows?
                Lol.......I agree Khan should try and avenge one of his losses and the one I would most like to see is Garcia .As Khan rattles on consistently about the lucky shot to the neck.Never mentioning the fact of being finished in round three when Kenny Bayless actually must of had a bet on round four.I would like to see Peterson beat him again but could I put up with Khan's persistent fouling , around fifty pushes only deducted a point .But most of all I dare not think about 'the man in the hat' (still have nightmares!).
                For what it's worth I would like Khan to retire and never be heard of again but I understand nobody can be that lucky.So I know somewhere down the line I've got to go through all this again.Why Mayweather avoided him etc , etc..........I can only think of my dream match up in these desperate times.

Khan v Thomas 'the hitman' Hearns

Comment

God damn

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      did she make you pull our your pencil thin dick on snapchat a few years back?

and do you blame her for your **** chin and the whoopings you've taken at the hands of better fighters?

i get the biggest kick in the world out of brits talking about khan's talent. "he's a better fighter than garcia, the first 1.5 rounds proved that! forget that he got timed and stopped by legal punches, he's better!"
                      Yep he simply got timed. No luck to it at all. Timed it, ate a shot to land his own. Boom. Over. I don't like it when fighters use the word "luck" like it's some sort of valid reason when all it really is an invalid excuse.

Since I'm always neutral in boxing and look at things subjectively you have to admit nobody has torn up Garcias face the way Khan did. Garcia literally went 12 rounds with Thurman eating power shot after power shot yet came out looking pretty fresh. Boy was Thurman landing his hardest shots over and over again.

Khan after the few rounds of his slap boxing with Garcia messed his face up real bad. Nobody has damaged Garcia that badly in that short of a time.

I personally think Khan has very underrated power and a very good body shot but nothing devastating.

It's stuff like this that makes people wonder, including myself, if Khan has anything left to offer in boxing. Maybe but I wouldn't bet on it. No chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X