No announcement yet.

The positives of any World Boxing Sanctioning Body

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The positives of any World Boxing Sanctioning Body

We can all agree that every major sanctioning body that is relevant is corrupted to no end - the WBA, the WBC, IBF and WBO but there must be good things that they've done individually.

List them down here to save the integrity of the sport we love. I'll start:

1. They all allow voluntary defensives if the fight is for a unification.
    2. The WBC allows for, if I'm not mistaken, results to be made known to the respective trainers mid fight so each boxer knows where they're at before the fight even ends.

This is like asking somebody to list the great qualities of their molester uncle who abused them as a child. lol

Comment

If there was only one belt and one set of rankings like the tbr rankings which writers compile...we would get 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4,5vs 6 etc on a constant basis like the ufc gets

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
        If there was only one belt and one set of rankings like the tbr rankings which writers compile...we would get 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4,5vs 6 etc on a constant basis like the ufc gets
        I love boxing, but the UFC is so much more uniform. One event, one belt...contender vs champion, contenders vs ranked contenders. There's always like 2 or 3 title fights in every UFC fight every 2 or three months!

Comment

**** them all! They made Canelo cry his weak ass eyes out.

Comment

I like the WBC's clean boxing program and their 30-day and 7-day weigh-ins, and I like the IBF's strict mandatory policy and their morning of the fight weigh-ins, with the 10 lbs rehydration limit (although it would make more sense as a percentage than 10 lbs across the board). That's about it. Would be nice if the WBC and IBF could merge and the WBA and WBO could **** off

Comment

The WBC allows other sanctioning bodies (upon request) to be Mando too their champ... that's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                I love boxing, but the UFC is so much more uniform. One event, one belt...contender vs champion, contenders vs ranked contenders. There's always like 2 or 3 title fights in every UFC fight every 2 or three months!
                Originally posted by jas View Post
                Thats what we need. If we're gonna have this sanctioning body crap, then have 1 only. U can't have 4 champs at each division. Its like if the Yankees and Cleveland Win their respective divisions in MLB, but then refuse to play each other in the playoffs. Or in tennis, all the players play under the umbrella of the ATP (or WTA), soooooo, at the end of each tournament, there is only 1 Winner. Thats what we need.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                  Yeah say what you want about UFC they have a good system.

Boxing is a mess.

Comment

Working...
                  X