No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Agrees To Let McGregor Use 8-Ounce Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, why the courage all of a sudden..

oh, he's fighting a guy with zero boxing ring experience..

Comment

Originally posted by aceventura View Post
      thats because oscar taught floyd the game!!! He taught floyd all these a side diva antics..... Same thing
      I hate to admit it but it's true. Floyd has basically admitted to subjecting his opponents to the embarrassment he received leading up to the DeLaHoya fight. It's weird that Oscar tries to play dumb. He was a true a*shole to Floyd during that buildup. That video of Oscar on a jet while Floyd is on a commercial flight was brutal trolling lol

Comment

I realize what MMA fans think--and I respect it, I'm a Conor fan--IN MMA. But this just means McGregor gets knocked out before the 6th instead of the 8th or 9th. Oscar said it best the other day, "I couldn't hit Floyd in my prime and you think this guy can touch him?!" Floyd is going to sneak 2 oz harder punches in there all day and it could end earlier. I'm not biased here. I just don't want my ego on a message board to take over lol. I also heard that the Paulie and Conor sparring having to be broken up by Cortez was not only because it was getting nasty, but because Paulie was owning him more often than not and McGregor was pretty angry. Paulie is no Floyd. We all know what this fight is. The bookies are trying to make it look competitive lowering Mayweather's odds. You can make twice as much on Mayweather now as when the fight was announced and he's still a huge favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Former five division world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (49-0, 26 KOs) has agreed to a rule change - which allows UFC superstar Conor McGregor to wear 8-ounce gloves. The two fighters are set to collide at the junior middleweight limit of 154-pounds. McGregor claimed in several interviews that Mayweather intentionally wanted the junior middleweight limit, because 10-ounce gloves are used above the welterweight.
          [Click Here To Read More]

Team McGregor are nuts if they accept that offer

1) Conor can put horseshoes in his gloves, he still couldn't hit Mayweather with a handful of rice

2) if Conor cannot hurt Floyd with 10's, then it will not make an ounce of difference

3) so..... the technical, textbook-correct, accurate, fighter.....
          will not benefit from 8oz gloves?

really..... ?

they are nuts if they fall for it

Mayweather will have no problem keeping McGregor off him, and no problem keeping him honest, with 8oz gloves

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            "Athletes (boxers/kick boxers) weighing-in up to and including 135 pounds must wear 8 oz gloves in competition, while athletes weighing-in over 135 pounds (junior welterweight class and above) must wear 10 oz gloves in competition.* However, athletes weighing-in over 135 but no more than 147 may wear 8 oz gloves in competition if both athletes agree to do so in writing on their bout agreement(contract)."

Can't wear 8oz gloves for fights over 147.
            With the kind of money this fight bringing in the NSAC would approve a fight between these guys in fuggin catcher's mitts

Comment

Would Floyd offer if he knew he couldn't do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Travycat View Post
                I realize what MMA fans think--and I respect it, I'm a Conor fan--IN MMA. But this just means McGregor gets knocked out before the 6th instead of the 8th or 9th. Oscar said it best the other day, "I couldn't hit Floyd in my prime and you think this guy can touch him?!" Floyd is going to sneak 2 oz harder punches in there all day and it could end earlier. I'm not biased here. I just don't want my ego on a message board to take over lol. I also heard that the Paulie and Conor sparring having to be broken up by Cortez was not only because it was getting nasty, but because Paulie was owning him more often than not and McGregor was pretty angry. Paulie is no Floyd. We all know what this fight is. The bookies are trying to make it look competitive lowering Mayweather's odds. You can make twice as much on Mayweather now as when the fight was announced and he's still a huge favorite.

smart

I doubt there will be a KO, but those gloves will benefit Mayweather more than it will benefit the guy who could not tell the difference

no disrespect intended

smart post

Comment

I'm shocked Floyd never gives away a tactical advantage he could of forced him into 10 oz gloves of his choice no Reyes or punchers gloves

Comment

And no rehydration clause Floyd will be 158 ish Connor 175 at least I can't believe Floyd never gives anything next the ring won't be 20x20

Comment

Biggest upset in combat sports history!

Comment

Working...
                      X