Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malignaggi "Based On The Sparring I Can't Say That I'd Pick McGregor To Win"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malignaggi "Based On The Sparring I Can't Say That I'd Pick McGregor To Win"

Not sure if this interview was posted a few days ago? Buried beneath praises of McGregor's work ethic, Malignaggi basically outright states that he can't pick McGregor to beat Floyd, based on the sparring session.

3:30
    Last edited by FlatLine; 08-01-2017, 08:25 AM.

And this is coming from a guy that just got ko'd by Sam Eggington.

Comment

Comment

I'm curious of what this game plan is. Try to blast Floyd out in the opening seconds? lol

Comment

Only chance McGregor has is win is to fight very dirty and grind down Floyd. Any thing from clinching, wrenching the arms, beating on the upper arms and shoulders. Using his head inside and hitting while tied in the clinch. The question remains can he do it for 12 rounds. Anything else and the King of Bling will dazzle him with brilliance and finish him in the 9th. One thing I know for a fact. If you want to wear the legs off someone that has aged, your going to have to put some weight on them. Body shots and head hunting is a sure fire way for McGregor to find himself staring at those big bright lights wondering if he wants egg's with his waffle in the morning. McGregor better look to take the wind out of those sails before the ship gets moving or he will find himself in deep waters with no way to swim back to shore.

Comment

Paulie is being polite here because he has been in their camp, also has to sell the fight for Showtime and because he can't really disclose what happens in sparring.

Anybody with any sense can tell he really means is McGregor is terrible, not a big puncher but at least has an idea of how he wants to approach the fight, and it won't work.

He said McGregor has "respectable" power. Respectable power to a boxer is basically same as what Floyd has in terms of power i.e It won't hurt that much but you also can't just disregard it and walk through it.

Comment

Paulie trying his best but still can't hide the fact that McG is ****e lol

Also, Paulie is always good to listen to when talking boxing, even though his anti-Pac vendetta harms his reputation, when he is being unbiased, the guy knows what he is doing.

Comment

I respect Paulie and i understand the conflict of interest here for him, but if you read between the lines or you get him one one one without any recording device on, am sure he would say Conor was terrible.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    Paulie trying his best but still can't hide the fact that McG is ****e lol

Also, Paulie is always good to listen to when talking boxing, even though his anti-Pac vendetta harms his reputation, when he is being unbiased, the guy knows what he is doing.
                    Conor really has a nice "awkward" style. LMAO. That's code for this jabroni can't box for shyte, and I'm expecting him to look ridiculous in there..
                    Last edited by BWC; 08-01-2017, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X