Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the Broner who faced Maidana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the Broner who faced Maidana?

The Broner that fought Maidana had the heart of a lion. He lost that fight but made it a close fight and was going for the KO even till the last bell. He fought his heart out that night.

This new Broner that lost to garcia and Porter is a shell of himself. He knew he was losing in both fights going to the championship rounds and still was not going for it. His mentality is just not there.

I think during the Maidana fight he thought that if he lost his undefeated record no one would watch him anymore. Now he knows win or lose he will still make money. So he doesn't care.

Originally posted by muslimer12 View Post
    The Broner that fought Maidana had the heart of a lion. He lost that fight but made it a close fight and was going for the KO even till the last bell. He fought his heart out that night.

This new Broner that lost to garcia and Porter is a shell of himself. He knew he was losing in both fights going to the championship rounds and still was not going for it. His mentality is just not there.

I think during the Maidana fight he thought that if he lost his undefeated record no one would watch him anymore. Now he knows win or lose he will still make money. So he doesn't care.
    Styles make fights man. Not to mention Broner basically wore his gameplan on his chest. 1-4 Broner tried to move but he was cut off. 5-8 he tried to counter but Mikey threw first and didnt commit. Rds 9-12 he came forward in desperation mode and was countered for it.

I think they though Mikey was only a counter puncher and if you took away his counter punching you take away is power and game. BAD corner work in my opinion. Broner needs a Mexican trainer.

Comment

You mean the Broner rolling around on the canvas trying to get Maidana DQ'd ?

Comment

that broner never left that ring that night.

Comment

I only had him winning 3 rounds against Maidana so all his losses are similar to me. None of them were even competitive. The best way to explain it is that Broner just doesn't have that "dog" in him that all great fighters have and use when they are in tough fights. He's been with Haymon for years and has a lot more money than he ever expected to get, and he also knows that win or lose he can always get paid extremely well even for taking on poor/average competition in easy fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            Broner needs a Mexican trainer.
            He needs a new brain man.

Comment

Broner wasted a lot of energy bouncing around during the first five rounds. A lot of unnecessary movement--juking and jiving around the ring. Against Maidana and Porter he got out-muscled, against Mikey he got out-boxed.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                You mean the Broner rolling around on the canvas trying to get Maidana DQ'd ?
                I remember that. Maidana beat him up convincingly and maybe he also took some of Broner's heart that fight. The normally loud mouthed Broner left the building as quickly as possible and refused to talk to anyone after the fight. He claimed he wanted to rematch Maidana but I don't think he wanted a rematch.

Comment

After the Maidana fight, Broner accepted losing.

Comment

Well, he did drop Porter in the last round and finally let his hands go a bit in the last rounds against Mikey. So you're way off, Broner actually waits to long to do anything. He thinks he's slicker and cuter than he is and did almost nothing in the first half of his losses.

Comment

Working...
                    X