Comments Thread For: Broner Weighs in at 138 Pounds; Garcia Comes in at 139

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner wins, garcia is overrated.

Comment

I think the only time a fighter comes under the weight limit that much is usually when they are fighting above their weight class. Broner has been over 140 for years now, so going this low doesn't seem sound. Reminds me of Oscar coming in at 145 against Pacquiao, a weight he hasn't made in a very long time. He was a walking corpse the following night. We won't know for sure until he is in the ring, and how he made the weight. AB must stand for About Bulimia this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
        Would've liked to see Broner come in closer to 140 weight limit. This could be a sign that he over trained, but I hope I'm wrong.
        100% agree. Probably very easy to over train especially in Colorado.

One thing I noticed and took away from his training vids is that he looked like he was in incredible shape 2-3 weeks ago then in his last few he looked a bit drained and overtrained but time will tell and I can't wait!

Comment

Good news making weight. Let's see how serious he is about his career tomorrow night. Still on Garcia for the win.

Comment

I did not think that Broner would make weight, now that he has, should be a good fight, I still think that Garcia is too good of a boxer and he beats Broner, but it should be a good fight.

Comment

Wow where are all the negative mexicans crying about broners weigh hahahahah.... I bet they are real silent now....

Comment

Damn, Broner really got lean and mean. That's a good sign that he took this fight seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by realizniguhnit View Post
                  100% agree. Probably very easy to over train especially in colorado.

One thing i noticed and took away from his training vids is that he looked like he was in incredible shape 2-3 weeks ago then in his last few he looked a bit drained and overtrained but time will tell and i can't wait!
                  yeah i noticed that also so maybe he peaked a week early.... Smh!

Comment

Originally posted by north star View Post
                    i think the only time a fighter comes under the weight limit that much is usually when they are fighting above their weight class. Broner has been over 140 for years now, so going this low doesn't seem sound. Reminds me of oscar coming in at 145 against pacquiao, a weight he hasn't made in a very long time. He was a walking corpse the following night. We won't know for sure until he is in the ring, and how he made the weight. Ab must stand for about bulimia this time around.
                    or when a fighter over trains.... Like someon else said on here its easy to overtrain in the mountains of colorado... Broner looks like he peaked a week early...

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                      the punishment of starving themselves to make weight is over.
                      They can eat whatever they want to eat now and feel healthy at fight night.
                      I expect a good fight tomorrow night. No excuses.
                      chipotle, cheese cake factory and olive garden asap lmao

Comment

Working...
                      X