Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr. vs Andre Ward - SMW/LHW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy Jones jr because it's Roy Jones jr and Roy Jones jr doesn't lose to anyone in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
      roy wasnt unbeatable, far from it in fact, but ward sure as hell wouldnt be good enough to be the one to do it.
      Roy was about as unbeatable as you could get in his prime. Not that you ever saw his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
        Andre Ward. Too smart in there.
        I don't think he could have coped with Roy's speed.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith_tsu View Post
          Ward by KO or decision. RJJ never fought a great fighter in his prime.

Ward better than Tony and a young Hopkins.

Too smart, too gritty, too rugged. RJJ has a **** chin as well, just the bums he was fighting couldnt take advantage.
          Ha!

No.

Roy was much faster, more powerful, and harder to hit.

Sure, you can say that Andre was better than Toney and Hopkins, but Roy was better than Kovalev and everyone else who Andre's fought.

Roy fought 50 fights in 15 years, across 5 weight divisions before he was knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
            I don't think he could have coped with Roy's speed.
            Roy was a beast but Ward IMO is a model pro and I don't think we'll see him box way past his prime like Jones is guilty of. I think the whole career counts. I have great memories of Jones from my young adulthood though.
            I think Ward may have disarmed Jones best skills and made him fight a fight he didn't plan on partaking in.

Comment

Roy by decision

Comment

Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                Ha!

No.

Roy was much faster, more powerful, and harder to hit.

Sure, you can say that Andre was better than Toney and Hopkins, but Roy was better than Kovalev and everyone else who Andre's fought.

Roy fought 50 fights in 15 years, across 5 weight divisions before he was knocked out.
                I respect ur opinion. Honestly I dont see how anyone beats Ward. Hasnt lost a fight since he was a pre teen.

We know now Roy chin is suspect.

Roy no Broner, but Broner vs Garcia we saw boxing fundamental vs flash.
                Guess what?

Boxing technique comes out on top. Plus u can never discount Ward will to win.

Comment

I respect ur opinion. Honestly I dont see how anyone beats Ward. Hasnt lost a fight since he was a pre teen.

We know now Roy chin is suspect.

Roy no Broner, but Broner vs Garcia we saw boxing fundamental vs flash.
                  Guess what?

Boxing technique comes out on top. Plus u can never discount Ward will to win.
                  he just lost to kovalev....pretending that robbery didnt happen?

and we saw what flash did vs boxing fundamentals when roy fought hopkins who has better fundamentals than ward(prime hopkins would never be outboxed by a guy like kovalev)

but yes ward will find a way to cheat and win like you said. never discout the cheater or the corrupt judges.
                  Last edited by daggum; 07-30-2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    he just lost to kovalev....pretending that robbery didnt happen?

and we saw what flash did vs boxing fundamentals when roy fought hopkins who has better fundamentals than ward(prime hopkins would never be outboxed by a guy like kovalev)

but yes ward will find a way to cheat and win like you said. never discout the cheater or the corrupt judges.
                    Thats cute. I see what u did there. I been lurking here long enough not to get trolled by you.

Ward troll.

He lost to Bika too right? Should have 2 losses atleast

Comment

Thats cute. I see what u did there. I been lurking here long enough not to get trolled by you.

Ward troll.

He lost to Bika too right? Should have 2 losses atleast
                      hmm stay delusional. kovalev outlanded him in most the rounds so of course he won. he should have been dq'd vs kessler thats for sure. maybe even against bika as well. he won as far as punches but in extracurricular activity it was a farce but since the ref was blinded by his amazing slick skills he did nothing and forgot the rules. remember when roy commited one foul and got dq'd.....ward threw how many headbutts and low blows??? this is why not many people like the entitled ward who doesnt follow the rules. roy never had to do that kind of crap to beat robotic figthers like kessler.

Comment

Working...
                      X