No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Allen Drops, Stops Tom Dallas in Three Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Allen Drops, Stops Tom Dallas in Three Rounds

Heavyweight contender David Allen (12-3-1, 9 KOs) dropped and stopped Tom Dallas (17-10, 12 KOs) in three rounds at the Brentwood Centre in Brentwood, Essex. Dallas, hasn't won a fight since 2013 and lost his last seven fights, announced his retirement following the defeat. Dallas has lost ten of his last twelve fights. Allen bounced back after losing a twelve round split decision to Lenroy Thomas back in May, when they battled for the Commonwealth title at the O2 Arena in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Respect to David Allen on his activity. Guy is having the most active year of his career & its still just July. He's definitely got some room to work on his game + get better & activity isn't gonna hurt that. Needs to keep fighting & moving up in opposition.

Comment

I like Allen a lot outside the ring. Fun and honest guy, breath of fresh air. I am rooting hard for him. With that being said, I think he has reached his ceiling as a good British level fighter. Maybe there's room for improvement to get to Euro level, but I don't see him going past that.

With that being said, with the fervor in British boxing and the fact that he is such a likable guy, there's a 10 to 15 year career sitting there for him as domestic level guy. This was a good step in that direction. Would like to see him take on a couple more guys like this and then go for that Commonwealth belt again. Somebody like AJ Carter or Chris Healey would be good opponents for him in his next fight. Hope to see more of the White Rhino soon!

Comment

Was there a weigh in for this? I wanted to check out the bulge.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
          I like Allen a lot outside the ring. Fun and honest guy, breath of fresh air. I am rooting hard for him. With that being said, I think he has reached his ceiling as a good British level fighter. Maybe there's room for improvement to get to Euro level, but I don't see him going past that.

With that being said, with the fervor in British boxing and the fact that he is such a likable guy, there's a 10 to 15 year career sitting there for him as domestic level guy. This was a good step in that direction. Would like to see him take on a couple more guys like this and then go for that Commonwealth belt again. Somebody like AJ Carter or Chris Healey would be good opponents for him in his next fight. Hope to see more of the White Rhino soon!
          He's apparently in the running to be Joe Joyce's debut opponent. That would be fun and although he'd surely lose it wouldn't set him back too much. I think he's well overdue an area title fight at this point, and other than that I'm just glad he's active as it should help him stay in shape and maybe incrementally add a few tools to his game

Dallas apparently announced his retirement following this seventh straight defeat, six of which were stoppages

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsJR5hLpTRg

poor tommy got turned to jelly.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
              Maybe there's room for improvement to get to Euro level, but I don't see him going past that.
              Yea I don't think he can be a world class guy, but Euro level seems attainable if he takes his work seriously.

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              He's apparently in the running to be Joe Joyce's debut opponent.
              Oh sh^t thats not a good fight for him lol. Guess they will pay him good for that, but idk if it does much good for your confidence to lose to a guy making his pro debut however good of an amateur he was. If I was him or his management I'd stay away from that unless they just wanna become an opponent for the highest bidders moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Yea I don't think he can be a world class guy, but Euro level seems attainable if he takes his work seriously.

Oh sh^t thats not a good fight for him lol. Guess they will pay him good for that, but idk if it does much good for your confidence to lose to a guy making his pro debut however good of an amateur he was. If I was him or his management I'd stay away from that unless they just wanna become an opponent for the highest bidders moving forward.
                I think it's a good move for him. It's a good payday and another chance to potentially give a good account of himself on the big stage (I think Joyce's aggressive style would at least make it an entertaining fight, unlike Lenroy Thomas). If he loses it doesn't really hurt him considering he's realistically aiming at Northern Area and English championships while Joyce will be aiming at European and World championships. I think it's over-ambitious to expect Allen to ever be an EBU calibre fighter. He could possibly pick up the British if there's a weak holder like Cornish - but with guys like Joyce, Dubois and Gorman coming through now I think it could be out of his reach soon

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  Was there a weigh in for this? I wanted to check out the bulge.

I'm having epileptic seizures over here because of your emoji and sig. Knock it off right now or I'll be reporting you to the proper authorities,****face.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsJR5hLpTRg

poor tommy got turned to jelly.
                    thx for the link... that ring seemed small for heavyweights

Comment

Working...
                    X