Floyd straight up ducked Cotto in 2008

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    I just showed you what Cotto said. It's on video. Stop being stupid

Even Uncle Roger knew that Floyd was lined up to fight the Mosley vs Cotto winner:

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=135690

And I quote "Mayweather knows the next opponent for Floyd will probably come out of the Nov. 10 battle between WBA welterweight champ Miguel Cotto and former three division title-holder "Sugar" Shane Mosley."

It was even more evident in this interview after the Cotto vs Mosley fight, Nov 10th, 2007:

@1:38, Cotto says "Mayweather, Hatton, Margarito, De La Hoya, Whoever they put in front of me, I'll fight".

In December 2007, here's what Floyd had to say regarding facing Cotto:

Floyd also said Cotto lives too far and isn't a PPV star.

I think it's quite clear Floyd ducked this fight by retiring for almost 2 years right after.

Here's the Welterweight rankings at the end of 2007:

Floyd Mayweather Jr., Champion
    Miguel Cotto
    Paul Williams
    Shane Mosley
    Antonio Margarito
    Zab Judah
    Kermit Cintron
    Luis Collazo
    Joshua Clottey
    Jackson Osei Bonsu
    Oktay Urkal

In 2008, here were The Ring's top 10 Welterweights:

Antonio Margarito
    Miguel Cotto
    Shane Mosley
    Joshua Clottey
    Manny Pacquiao
    Carlos Quintana
    Zab Judah
    Luis Collazo
    Andre Berto
    Isaac Hlatshwayo

Tell me why instead of fighting Cotto, Williams, Margarito, Floyd fought, Junior Welterweight, Ricky Hatton and retired right after?

When presented with Cotto, why did Floyd say "I won't let the sport of boxing retire me, I'll retire before that happens"?

Why did Floyd say this only to continue to fight for another 10 years to this day?

I showed you what Cotto ADMITTED....stop being such a weird little gelding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      I showed you what Cotto ADMITTED....stop being such a weird little gelding.
      Damn we got some tards on this site. You literally show them videos one month a part from each other along with rankings.

One guy says he'll fight the other guy and the other guy says he wants no part of the other guy and STILL they don't believe it.

Comment

• floyd ducked everybody, never did anything in boxing, he only beat over the hill fighters who we give our fav fighters credit for beating AFTER he beat them... even ducked gggee... we already heard it before whats new? smh

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
          floyd ducked Cotto
          I agree. Pretty clear cut in the videos and timeline provided

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            We need this on every page. Lets keep the truth visible.
            Problem with the article is that it presupposes that Cotto was in the position to make offers. Clearly Floyd was the one to decide which fight he was going to make. Cottto was in no position at that time to make offers to anyone let alone Floyd. What the hell was the author thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
              Problem with the article is that it presupposes that Cotto was in the position to make offers. Clearly Floyd was the one to decide which fight he was going to make. Cottto was in no position at that time to make offers to anyone let alone Floyd. What the hell was the author thinking.
              So before Mayweather became a star Cotto couldn't have gone to Bob and offered to fight?

They had the same damn promoter.

Cotto wanted no part of Mayweather. He mentioned his name along with a bunch of others once (after Mayweather already stated he was retiring) and that's a call out? GTFOH.

Comment

• Chollo Vista is posting a lot like Spoon does, reposting the same crap over and over when he has no argument. Anyone think it's the same poster? Spoon does conveniently appear out of nowhere as soon as Pacquiao and Mayweather are mentioned. I'm starting to think it's the same guy.

Comment

Cotto wanted no part of Mayweather. He mentioned his name along with a bunch of others once (after Mayweather already stated he was retiring) and that's a call out? GTFOH.
                  Why are you always lying?

Cotto said he would fight Mayweather more than once. I just decided to only post one video.

Cotto called Mayweather out Nov 2007. Floyd retired and said he didn't want it December 2007

The video is on the front page and posted 85 times in this thread.

Comment

Chollo Vista is posting a lot like Spoon does, reposting the same crap over and over when he has no argument. Anyone think it's the same poster? Spoon does conveniently appear out of nowhere as soon as Pacquiao and Mayweather are mentioned. I'm starting to think it's the same guy.
                    The video Is clear proof that Floyd wasn't Interested In fighting Cotto. From 3:15 on Floyd says he Is not Interested In calling out any other WW fighters and Insinuates retirement. Why are you busting his balls for showing up In threads related to Mayweather and Pacquiao when you do the same exact thing everyday? You also make accusations that they are the same people, similar to you changing your username from Isaac Clarke.

Comment

Chollo Vista is posting great., reposting the same video of Mayweather saying he wants to retire rather than face Cotto as proof he ducked
                      Green k sent

I agree

Comment

Working...
                      X