No announcement yet.

Breakdown of fantasy fight between Terence Crawford and Floyd Mayweather at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
    Floyd had offense and defense at 140. that's the best version of mayweather.

Floyd by decision

but bud would kick his ass if they fought today
    Not at WW he wouldn't

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
      Hmmm...he's how I would break this down, at 140 Floyd only had 1 or 2 fights. He fought & beat an arturo Gatti that had already been beaten 5x prior to his fight against Floyd. Sure Floyd would've beaten him regardless, but i can't use Gatti as a great win for floyd when he was already beaten by Manfredy, & ivan Robinson 2x. Where as Crawford has beaten Victor Postal, Dierry Jean, Dulorme, Hank Lundy, John John Molina,jr, & Felix Diaz. So the question is at Jr Welter is Floyd win against a Gatti that was already beaten 5 times, better than Crawford's win against Postol, Dulorme, Diaz, Molina, Lundy & jean? Honestly I don't think so. Remember we are talking about Jr Welter (140 lbs) only.
      A shot Gatti in this140 division beats all those guys in my opinion. Now, that's not to say he beats Crawford. I'm just looking at it from the stance that before Floyd fought at 140 he had better fights compared to Crawford so experience is in his favor. I know you are a huge fan of the moment but tale bias out and except the fact that Crawford hasn't fought anyone great yet and the jury is still out. This is why I rank Swnce higher due to the fact that Kell Brook tops ever fighter Crawford has fought. This goes for Loma, Rigo, Golovkin, Charlo Brothers, Andrade, and many more. We are living in an era where we crown anybody P4P king just based off the eye test when we should look at resume also.

Comment

[QUOTE=sugar ray lenrd;17867180]
        Originally posted by Dosumpthin View Post
        @ 140 Floyd by KO 10th round.
        1. TC got hit clean and buzzed too many times by midget Gamboa. Floyd finishes what the little guy couldn't.

First of all Crawford fight against Gamboa was at a different division lightwgt 135 lbs. And quite honestly Gamboa had better skills than a Gatti that was already beaten 5x. Not hating on anyone, but when you make these fantasy matchups, truly there has to be a line drawn somewhere.
        Yes, but there was too much of a size disparity in Crawford's favor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
          A shot Gatti in this140 division beats all those guys in my opinion. Now, that's not to say he beats Crawford. I'm just looking at it from the stance that before Floyd fought at 140 he had better fights compared to Crawford so experience is in his favor. I know you are a huge fan of the moment but tale bias out and except the fact that Crawford hasn't fought anyone great yet and the jury is still out. This is why I rank Swnce higher due to the fact that Kell Brook tops ever fighter Crawford has fought. This goes for Loma, Rigo, Golovkin, Charlo Brothers, Andrade, and many more. We are living in an era where we crown anybody P4P king just based off the eye test when we should look at resume also.
          I'm more of a Mayweather fan than a Crawford fan...I'm basing my opinion soley on what have you done at 140 lbs which is Jr. Welter. You really Think a shot Gatti beats a Postol at 140 lbs? Remember Gatti got beat by Manfredy & Ivan Robinson 2x. But, yes, I have taken in consideration what you mention is true, Floyd did have the experience facter on his side by beating Genaro Henandez, Angel Manfredy, Diego Corrales, Castillo 2x (uuhummm) or to give you a clearer picture 13 title fights (12 title defenses). But heres the thing, every wgt division is different. Crawford is very strong in at 140 lbs. your power does not carry over sometimes. And being that Floyd only had 1 fight at 140 lbs, it makes for a solid argument on both sides. Yes i agree with you also that there was a side disparity against Gamboa. But against his other title defenses there is no size advantage. I say a good case for both.

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
            I'm more of a Mayweather fan than a Crawford fan...I'm basing my opinion soley on what have you done at 140 lbs which is Jr. Welter. You really Think a shot Gatti beats a Postol at 140 lbs? Remember Gatti got beat by Manfredy & Ivan Robinson 2x. But, yes, I have taken in consideration what you mention is true, Floyd did have the experience facter on his side by beating Genaro Henandez, Angel Manfredy, Diego Corrales, Castillo 2x (uuhummm) or to give you a clearer picture 13 title fights (12 title defenses). But heres the thing, every wgt division is different. Crawford is very strong in at 140 lbs. your power does not carry over sometimes. And being that Floyd only had 1 fight at 140 lbs, it makes for a solid argument on both sides. Yes i agree with you also that there was a side disparity against Gamboa. But against his other title defenses there is no size advantage. I say a good case for both.
            Crawford may be strong but Floyd was a lot bigger and athletic even atb140. We talk about the athleticism of Bradley at 140 but Floyd is argubally the more athletic fighter. Floyd would be able use his size and skill to impose his wheel. Don't get me wrong I don't want to come off as a Crawford hater. I just think the reason he looks so good is due to the competition he has faced. He isn't the only one though. This also goes for Golovkin, Canelo, Mikey, Rigo. To me this says a lot about the disparity between skill in some of these weight classes.

Comment

Crawford may be strong but Floyd was a lot bigger and athletic even atb140. We talk about the athleticism of Bradley at 140 but Floyd is argubally the more athletic fighter. Floyd would be able use his size and skill to impose his wheel. Don't get me wrong I don't want to come off as a Crawford hater. I just think the reason he looks so good is due to the competition he has faced. He isn't the only one though. This also goes for Golovkin, Canelo, Mikey, Rigo. To me this says a lot about the disparity between skill in some of these weight classes.
              Fair enough Bro, your arguement is as good as mine. It says a lot about this era. I'm from back in da days and I find it odd when people make comments about Floyd training regimen. I really don't get it, every fighter back then trained like that. You're supposed to be in top form & the only way to achieve that is hard work & lots of dedication. Now a days fighters want to take short cuts. As a trainer I see this a lot in the gym. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard a trainer tell his fighter that he does not need to run/roadwork. Go figure. Getting back to Floyd, he comes from a boxing family background with the oldschool no nonsense. No wonder why he is who he is.

Comment

Garbage Gatti > Indongo, Dulorme, Diaz, & Molin****?

Nah.....

Comment

I shouldn't have said higher,I should've said equally matched. But I would say Pernell, Leonard, and Ali but I'm sure you could add more.
                  Don't think they have more boxing IQ than Floyd.

Comment

Floyd at 140 was the very peak of his powers. An offensive dynamo and a defensive wizard with power in both hands, speed of hand and food, and an incredibly high boxing IQ.

Comment

Now crawford annihilate floyd even with IV. But a prime floyd would be a 50-50 fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X