Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Eubank Jr. Dominates Arthur Abraham, Secures WBSS Spot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eubank has B+ speed, C+ stamina, B- power, B-level head movement and C-level footwork and angles. It's all sort of robotic. He's kind of like a less skilled, less powerful Canelo. I don't know anything about who he's fighting next, but I could see him losing in the quarterfinals even. I just expected to see more. Watching Eubank's heavy bag work he looks like a stud, but similar to Canelo once again, he looks better in the gym than the ring to me.

Comment

• Abraham finally done thank goodness hasn't been right in years earmuffs less and less offense now is just a punching bag

Comment

• Let him fight Gilberto Ramirez he will tune him up

Comment

• Eubank is a good fighter but we won't know how good until he steps up level of opposition. Has a great chin but only medium power. All his opponents he hits really hard lots of times and they survive for ages.

Comment

• I thought it was a job well done by Eubank. He looked good in there a times. AA is shot to shit though to be fair. Still got his chin though.
            Yildirim then probably Groves next for him, so things are getting interesting.

Selby looked good in there considering the family tragedy he as suffered recently.

The Davies Vs Syrowatka was a real fun fight too. Glad to hear Davies was ok afterwards.

Comment

• Chris Jr. possesses great offence and defence pretty decent.AA is one tough son of a gun.I still can't find any indication that he will seal the S8 tournament.

Comment

• Surprised Eubank didn't pick up the pace ...not good in the long run to let the guy off the hook... AA was nothing but a shadow of himself...

Comment

• Didn't watch the fight,
                  Are the compubox numbers accurate?

Eubank jr

Jabs thrown/landed
                  0/0

Power punches thrown/landed
                  116,782/ 77,001

Power punches with actual power thrown/landed

0/0

Arthur Abraham

Minutes disguised as tortoise

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    I don't think I've ever seen a fighter throw a 6 punch combination consisting of 6 uppercuts and miss everyone. And it was a repeated highlight of the fight that is how much that fight sucked.

I want to like Eubank Jr but he's like a little kid playing Fight Night spamming one button over and over and ****ing you up. You know you're better but he's just exploiting a broken ass game.
                    Seriously flawed but effective especially with his output and cardio.
                    Ha ha, weird you mention fight night, I've used a similar analogy when discussing eubank jr with a few mates. But more along the lines of when I've run out of stamina and unload half a dozen consecutive clean hooks/uppercuts that have fuk all effect on my opponents energy.
                    I'm **** at that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                      Hard to say.... he looked a million dollars, but when you've just got a guy who's trudging forward with his arms up, doing fuck all for 10 of 12 rounds (and not exactly breaking punch output records for the other two) it's hard not to look great. He was even showboating and begging the Abrahammer to hit him, which was embarrassing.

I haven't read the whole thread, but I see some are saying Eubank has no power. I was surprised that there were some points where he seemed to hurt Arthur tonight, which contributed to Arthur's lack of wanting to engage.
                      Do you think you'll be able to set up a bumming session with Abraham tonight and post about tomorrow? I miss reading about your bumming exploits in the Lounge. We need a bum.

Comment

Working...
                      X