Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The UFC will get into promoting Boxing soon -- Call me crazy but...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Things are heating up...

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      (RUMOR) William Morris Endeavor (WME) To Buy PBC

Hearing Steve Kim (so take that for what its worth, but he's been on a couple things early before too so he's not exactly Fat Dan) & a few others saying WME/Ari Emanuel could be trying to make a deal with PBC.

If you recall WME made an offer to Top Rank (for their library iirc) which Bob has discussed publicly & The UFC via Fight Pass is making moves in boxing currently & has discussed Zuffa Boxing becoming a thing in the future although thus far nothing has happened with that.

Likelihood this is legit?

Thoughts on it if you think it could be legit?

Good, bad or indifferent for boxing if it were to happen?

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      I believe UFC and Dana White will buy out PBC from Haymon and create own belt

I believe UFC and Dana White will buy out PBC from Haymon and create own beltThis is what i think will happen, Dana White had nothing but praise for Al Haymon and said the man was brilliant and easy to negotiate with, white and zuffa will act as the lead promoters and buy out pbc, and fighters contracts,they will create their own belt the pbc belt and force the best to fight the best they will build up amateurs into house hold names just like how ufc built up nobodies into stars in ufc

This is going to help them land a massive tv deal, ufc is looking for a super huge tv deal after the fox deal is up, not only will they have ufc to offer they will have boxing and pbc, its the best move dana can make to get into boxing. He will have all the haymon fighters under his banner.

Dana doesnt need stars he will create them, that guy is the best hype man, look how he did for ronda rousey.

Look for dana white to go after manny pacquiao in december when his contract expires

Comment

Originally posted by USMCer View Post
        Things are heating up...
        Yeah i personally love the idea of having dana white involved look how big he made ufc

Comment

Dana White's Boxing Plans: You’ve Got to "Break It and Rebuild It."

Comment

Arum Wants Crawford-McGregor In Octagon & Boxing Ring
            By Keith Idec Published On Wed Jan 22, 2020, 06:33 PM EST

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-wan...g-ring--146126

Comment

Call me crazy, but I'm getting the sense that the UFC is going to get into Boxing.

There is no "brand" in the sport of Boxing.

When you say Football, you think The NFL
              When you say Basketball, you think The NBA
              When you say MMA, you think The UFC
              When you say Boxing, ......?

The sport is there for the taking. It'd be an aggressive step, and take a huge commitment, and I think WME-IMG will be making a play to try to takeover Boxing.

WME-IMG made a huge investment in this thing (the UFC) and I think they see potential in Boxing. To establish themselves in the sport of Boxing in the "UFC" style.
              • Listen to Richard Schaefer speak about the idea behind starting the World Boxing Super Series
              • Listen to Dana White maybe hinting at something (I'm reaching here, admittedly, but still)
              • Think of the level of commitment/that kind of investment, and the potential in adding another sport
              • Think of TV distribution rights that the UFC has already established, and the potential multi-platforms

That would actually be pretty dope and it would organize the sport better. It would prevent cherry picking and ducking, or fraudulent victories a la Mayweather.

Comment

Yes exactly, I am thinking that too, Very soon, the Boxing will be called UFC.

Comment

Call me crazy, but I'm getting the sense that the UFC is going to get into Boxing.

There is no "brand" in the sport of Boxing.

When you say Football, you think The NFL
                  When you say Basketball, you think The NBA
                  When you say MMA, you think The UFC
                  When you say Boxing, ......?

The sport is there for the taking. It'd be an aggressive step, and take a huge commitment, and I think WME-IMG will be making a play to try to takeover Boxing.

WME-IMG made a huge investment in this thing (the UFC) and I think they see potential in Boxing. To establish themselves in the sport of Boxing in the "UFC" style.
                  • Listen to Richard Schaefer speak about the idea behind starting the World Boxing Super Series
                  • Listen to Dana White maybe hinting at something (I'm reaching here, admittedly, but still)
                  • Think of the level of commitment/that kind of investment, and the potential in adding another sport
                  • Think of TV distribution rights that the UFC has already established, and the potential multi-platforms

Will never work

Comment

Working...
                  X