No announcement yet.

Razor Ruddock vs Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razor Ruddock vs Deontay Wilder

Interesting clash of styles. Wilder is very long plus he has a decent jab and right hand that has power. Ruddock is very underrated and people forget how good of a boxer he was especially when he used his left upper cut. Who wins this fight? I'm going Wilder because he's bigger and he dishes it out harder than Ruddock.

??????????????

Comment

Ruddock weighed just about 240 pounds when he managed to go 12 rnd going toe to toe with Tyson . Is Wilder actually bigger ? Not really bc he fights more near 220 than Ruddock about 230's and the reach is only a inch apart .

Both have major flaws ,and one is more naturally talented and skilled but never tried to progress as much the other is Wilder who gets by on his attributes of 6'7 .....this is a good fight bcits not lasting long ,either Ruddock struggles with another tall guy and gets hit with an over hand right or Ruddock lands a left and its lights out between two guys that will hit each other hard and possibly before rnd 2 .

Ruddock advantage here is he could start fast ,unlike Wilder who likes to slowly measure distance ,Ruddock had good footwork too and a good body to head jab which would keep Wilder thinking .....IF he used it.

I just cant go against a guy whos gave Tyson good fights twice and at one point was good enough really to defeat most 80's guys had he had better management we would have seen guys like Holmes and Holyfield fight him

Wilder hasnt shown me hes this caliber ,hes easily stunned , knocked off balance and is undeafetted against guys MAYBE on a B class 80's guys like Trevor Berbick .

Ruddock by 3rd rnd K.O .

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        Ruddock weighed just about 240 pounds when he managed to go 12 rnd going toe to toe with Tyson . Is Wilder actually bigger ? Not really bc he fights more near 220 than Ruddock about 230's and the reach is only a inch apart .

Both have major flaws ,and one is more naturally talented and skilled but never tried to progress as much the other is Wilder who gets by on his attributes of 6'7 .....this is a good fight bcits not lasting long ,either Ruddock struggles with another tall guy and gets hit with an over hand right or Ruddock lands a left and its lights out between two guys that will hit each other hard and possibly before rnd 2 .

Ruddock advantage here is he could start fast ,unlike Wilder who likes to slowly measure distance ,Ruddock had good footwork too and a good body to head jab which would keep Wilder thinking .....IF he used it.

I just cant go against a guy whos gave Tyson good fights twice and at one point was good enough really to defeat most 80's guys had he had better management we would have seen guys like Holmes and Holyfield fight him

Wilder hasnt shown me hes this caliber ,hes easily stunned , knocked off balance and is undeafetted against guys MAYBE on a B class 80's guys like Trevor Berbick .

Ruddock by 3rd rnd K.O .
        3rd round?

Comment

Ruddock by 3rd rnd K.O .
          But don't you think Wilder's length would be the difference maker?

Comment

Going with Ruddock. He would catch Wilder during one of Wilder's wild moments.

Comment

The Ruddock that fought Tyson would beat wilder. I actually watched Tyson vs Ruddock recently and he took some big shots from Tyson and hit him right back. Wilder got rocked by Molina and I think Ruddock stops him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                But don't you think Wilder's length would be the difference maker?
                Boxings not about length its who uses their styles better to get their shots to land , i said the 3rd rnd bc it would be no different from the Lewis fight who catches who first ,but im not using that Ruddock trained by Floyd Patterson who didnt throw any punches .

Wilder also doesnt have the physical strength of Lewis who was extremely hard to push backwards ,just watch the V. Klitchko fight . Ruddock would be able to use his one shot power punch ,measuring tactics here bc Wilder does not fight aggressively in long spurts ,guys like Tyson and Morrison did .Morrison himself got lucky bc had Ruddock fought smarter he would have probably finished Morrison off by rnd 3 or 4 .

If Ruddock were fighting today he would probably be a top 3 guy , i highly doubt anyone outside Joshua / Klitchko or Ortiz would be able to stand in there with the same Tyson that Ruddock fought for 7 /12 rnds . I bring that up bc you also used Wilder as dishing it out more ........ the problem there is whohas Wilder dished it out with ? If he fought more bigger better guys like Washington (a fight that also suggests Ruddock wins ) we would have a better look here .
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-07-2017, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Boxings not about length its who uses their styles better to get their shots to land , i said the 3rd rnd bc it would be no different from the Lewis fight who catches who first ,but im not using that Ruddock trained by Floyd Patterson who didnt throw any punches .

Wilder also doesnt have the physical strength of Lewis who was extremely hard to push backwards ,just watch the V. Klitchko fight . Ruddock would be able to use his one shot power punch ,measuring tactics here bc Wilder does not fight aggressively in long spurts ,guys like Tyson and Morrison did .Morrison himself got lucky bc had Ruddock fought smarter he would have probably finished Morrison off by rnd 3 or 4 .

If Ruddock were fighting today he would probably be a top 3 guy , i highly doubt anyone outside Joshua / Klitchko or Ortiz would be able to stand in there with the same Tyson that Ruddock fought for 7 /12 rnds . I bring that up bc you also used Wilder as dishing it out more ........ the problem there is whohas Wilder dished it out with ? If he fought more bigger better guys like Washington (a fight that also suggests Ruddock wins ) we would have a better look here .
                  I just think that Wilder's style is too awkward for someone like Razor. We have never seen a heavyweight as tall as Wilder who can control range and hit very hard. I know you mention Tyson but I don't think it's a gurantee that Tyson beats Wilder. I literally think that fight would be like Harns vs Duran where Length and skill beats pressure and ferocity.

Comment

Ruddock KO1. Wilder is a joke.

Comment

Working...
                    X