Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we all just admit Horn is actually a GOOD fighter.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
    December 2016 actually. That's quite the improvement in 6 months. Maybe you could just admit you misjudged him. Whatever, it's no big deal to me, I just recall you getting extra angry when I didn't refer to Horn as a bum.
    No I didn't. The Horn who fought Mueller and the one who fought Funeka were 2 completely different fighters.

05-29-2017:
    https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...=747052&page=3

Comment

Originally posted by bleach View Post
      Eh, dude looked sloppy to me, did more headbutting and wrestling than punching
      People keep ignoring the fact that Manny was CUT on both sides of his scalp. Llast night i thought i was watching MMA for the amount of grabbing from Horn....

Talk about Arum trying to make a new cash cow on the back of someone else.

Should have been Bob that died instead of his son.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I am. This fight said more about manny than it did horn. This was not a great fight.
        Fighters who aren't good don't get to fight Manny in the first place is my main counterpoint to that stance.

And this "nearly everyone sucks angle to boxing" that some fans have doesn't respect the fact that this specific guy (& many other fighters above & below him) dedicated the last decade of his life to getting better at boxing & he clearly is among the top fighters in a division with 2,000ish boxers. Its completely ludacris ("throw them bows") to suggest a guy who even before this fight was a top 20, top 30 guy in a 2,000+ boxer division isn't at a bare minimum "good" at this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Fighters who aren't good don't get to fight Manny in the first place is my main counterpoint to that stance.

And this "nearly everyone sucks angle to boxing" that some fans have doesn't respect the fact that this specific guy (& many other fighters above & below him) dedicated the last decade of his life to getting better at boxing & he clearly is among the top fighters in a division with 2,000ish boxers. Its completely ludacris ("throw them bows") to suggest a guy who even before this fight was a top 20, top 30 guy in a 2,000+ boxer division isn't at a bare minimum "good" at this sport.
          I disagree. Boxers that are marketable and not dangerous fight Manny now. I don't judge danger just by size in boxing. I think speed is a better indicator of danger.

That's why Manny can fight a horn, margs, clottey or cotto and not be in as much danger of getting hit as he would a Floyd , jmm, or even a Raheem.

To minimize my point by lumping it in with the everyone sucks crowd is unfair. We are only talking about horn right now. He is not good and this performance showed it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            I disagree. Boxers that are marketable and not dangerous fight Manny now. I don't judge danger just by size in boxing. I think speed is a better indicator of danger.
            Just cuz a guy isn't dangerous to Manny doesn't mean he isn't a good boxer.

To minimize my point by lumping it in with the everyone sucks crowd is unfair. We are only talking about horn right now. He is not good and this performance showed it.
            Horn doesn't live in a bubble. To suggest this guy who most consider a top 30ish guy in a division with 2,000+ people isn't at a minimum good is just silly.

Agree to disagree doe. I just don't get this overly critical stance that boxing fans have that requires them to suggest so many professional fighters are just garbage more or less or just that so many fighters aren't elite or even good boxers after so many years put into the sport.

Comment

In this fight he showed chin, stamina and heart, but Pac won that close fight

Comment

Good fighter is an overstatement, you don't qualify as that just because your durable and have heart.

Comment

I didn't think he was gonna pull it off, but I said it many times he looks like a solid prospect. After this win, the kid deserves respect.

Comment

That's my main take away. I feel like they were mocking Bradley about it too, but Horn is a good fighter. He is not a scrub. He would beat the Malignaggi's and Broner's of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by SalimShady1212 View Post
                      Before the fight I was seeing tremendous backlash due to him being unknown but he was the mandatory and he needed an opportunity to prove himself. I understand the negativity as he was an unknown quantity however a few things people overlooked:
                      -Australia's best ever olympic representative (quarter finalist, lost to silver medalist)
                      -Earned mandatory position
                      -has shown he can get back up from a hard KD like vs randal Bailey...when randall hits a motherlover they usually stay slept

The ESPN commentary was absolute shambles but here in England it was a lot closer and we all agreed it could have gone either way. 7-5 Horn seemed perfectly reasonabls to me however I honestly question compubox cause no way Horn landed nearly half as many, he was doing ALL the work inside. Nonetheless I love Pacquiao and this is heartbreaking to me. This Pac would have lost to Bradley and Vargas. Maybe it's time to call it a day. Congratulations to Jeff, let the man celebrate, outstanding conditioning...dirty tactics but a fight's a fight. Teddy Atlas' behaviour when interviewing Horn was however disgusting; is dude meant to admit losing a close fight? Bradley was apparently the least biased understandingly as he experienced similar vs Manny (I thought he lost clearly)

Now what I'd like to see is my boy who's also the highest WBO challenger, Lucas Matthysse put some hurt on that boy
                      The only ones calling it a robbery are the casuals in America and the Racist fans who hate to see a good lookin clean cut, well mannered unbeaten blue eyed white boy on top

Horn is the real deal, Im proud of him, I supported him and people laughed I was impressed he is not the prettiest style but he is a mix of Maidana, with Hatton but with better speed and stamina.

Comment

Working...
                      X