Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jeff Horn Shocks Manny Pacquiao in Blood-Filled Upset!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ConRaffery View Post
    Dude that's how you score amateur boxing. Definitely not how to score a prize fight.
    apparently not.

Comment

• I wish Floyd and Manny would just retire already. The sport didn't need this kind of bad publicity right now this close to Canelo v GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by b morph View Post
        I mean I agree I don't think Horn won. I just don't agree with your analysis. It looked like Horn landed a lot more to me, but Pacquiao landed a lot bigger and cleaner. Horn had his moments.
        sorry but what good is bigger if it doesnt accomplish anything

did the big shots carry over into the 10th ? 12th ?

Comment

• Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
          Lol, you wanna love the guy cuz he looks like he can be your grandad but then again he's Bob Arum lol
          As much as I dislike the guy I will give him credit - He is probably the best promoter in the game, knows how to build a ppv star better than anyone and absolutely knows how to milk the fans dry.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConRaffery View Post
            As much as I dislike the guy I will give him credit - He is probably the best promoter in the game, knows how to build a ppv star better than anyone and absolutely knows how to milk the fans dry.
            Yeah I guess when you put it that way you're right :/

Comment

• I think I understand how this happened. Horn was incredibly awkward. He looked weird and it's hard to look good against a weird guy. I think we can all agree that Pacquiao didn't look good.

I think that played a part in making this fight closer than it really was. Also with the expectations. Everyone thought it was gonna be an execution and it wasn't. I knew Pacquiao wasn't scoring any KOs.

I just didn't think it was going to be as entertaining as it was and that's because Horn came to fight and put on a good show. That kid looks so weird in the ring. You can also say that him clearly being bigger could play a role in how the judges saw the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
                Seems like either he's not 100% anymore and I think it's mental more than anything. I loved seeing those glimpses of the old Manny Pacquiao but like you said that used to be him from opening to closing bell. I think Pacman is trying to collect checks for his lifestyle (fam, country, etc.) but if he couldn't take out Horn what makes anyone think he'd have a better shot at a Thurman, Spence, etc.? I'm a huge Pacquiao fan but Pacquiao looked old tonight.
                Yes, I believe so, old age started to show tonight. Horn is a dirty fighter but Pac must find a way to neutralize it. Anyway how can you neutralize something illegal if the referee is not on your side.

Comment

• Wow. I felt Pac got robbed tonight. Yes Horn was rough and aggressive but he was not out landing Manny. He did not land more clean punches than Manny. Head-butts are not scoring blows. Rabbit punches are not scoring blows.
                  When the scores were announced I just knew Manny was going to get the nod. I thought 117-111 or 110 was ridiculous either way. 115-113 X 2 wasn't accurate but it was much more acceptable than the 117 score. But still I just knew Manny was going to get the decision. When they said NEW, I almost passed out from shock. IMO this was flat out robbery. IMO Manny won this fight and from my perspective it wasn't difficult to score this for Manny. Too many horrible decisions this weekend.

Comment

• Where's that loser, PacGirl? At least Tim Bradley's win was more believable than this!

PacGirl, I hope you're having a very miserable day. MANNY PACQUIAO IS WASHED UP AND SHOT!!! 😂

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                      apparently not.
                      I'm not trying to say horn won I'm just disagreeing with your "a punch is a punch" opinion. If they had that approach just get rid of defence, ring generalship, effective aggression and put a little counter at the bottom of the screen counting anything that remotely resembles a punch.

Comment

Working...
                      X